In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

Advanced Bunny

isaaco | from Redmi 7

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=1835725317ShadowPT/url
it's an awesome idea! this is so important, even more because my phone and most phones from Xiaomi are non-removable batteries, so there's no way for them (thieves) to Turn them off! :D thanks for the support!/quote

Exactly Xiaomi must listen to us our voices must be heard and i think the airplane mode should also be removed from the home options panel
2019-08-11 16:36:31

Semi Pro Bunny

Aljke | from Mi Note 3

So people who voted no are phone thieves? :D
2019-08-11 18:11:20

Pro Bunny

ShadowPT Author | from Redmi Note 5

Aljke
So people who voted no are phone thieves? :D

pahahahahahaha exactly... that was funny, give this guy a medal 🤣
2019-08-11 18:22:26
Hey,

I guess It is already in consideration, May come in MIUI 11
2019-08-11 21:20:55
Whatever options you may think you have to protect your phone from theft it doesn't work.
Think about it, do you really believe that the pick pocketers that swarm public transports in LIsbon really care if your phone is theft protected or not?
First they steal it, latter they check what they have stolen. If its worth the effort they try to unblock it, if if not they throw it to the river Tejo, end of story.
The first thing I would do if I were a relatively intelligent thief was to remove all SIM cards (unless you have some mechanical means of blocking that too), then wrap the phone in several layers of aluminium kitchen foil. This creates a Faraday shield that prevents GPS signals from being received by the phone therefore making it impossible to track.
I tried this myself. 3 or more layers of aluminium foil completely block GPS signals and severely reduce 3G or 4G signal strength.
Now, assuming you report the theft to your service provider. They can block the IMEI(s) but only in Portugal and only in your specific service provider. If the phone is taken abroad all bets are off.

Police don't care about stolen phones. The best they can do is generate an incident report so that you can file a complaint with the insurance company so that you can get your money back. Are you insured ?. No ? I didn't think so.

My advice ? Prevent your phone from being stolen by not leaving it in plain sight in your back pocket or unattended on the table of a coffee shop.
None of the preventive measures you can think of will bring your phone back.
Once its gone, its gone. Learn your lesson and move on to your next phone.

Incidentally, do you keep a record of your phone serial number, IMEI, MAC and other information that can uniquely identify of phone?  If not don't bother the police or your service provider. Just cancel your SIM cards, order replacements and buy a new phone. And don't lose your original SIM card PINs. You're going to need them.

2019-08-11 23:06:25

Pro Bunny

GUS57
Whatever options you may think you have to protect your phone from theft it doesn't work.
Think about it, do you really believe that the pick pocketers that swarm public transports in LIsbon really care if your phone is theft protected or not?
First they steal it, latter they check what they have stolen. If its worth the effort they try to unblock it, if if not they throw it to the river Tejo, end of story.

gus, of course nothing is theft Proof, but if we can make it more difficult for the thieves thus gaining us time to report to the Police and give the live GPS location of the phone (if not covered in 3+ layers of aluminum kitchen foil LOL) and recover it, why shouldn't that be an option? it is possible to recover it, although it is also possible we don't.. but it is Better than nothing!! And don't say if it is gone, is gone.. what if it's not? understand? I'm sure Police till these days recovered lost phones.. if the phone is really gone atleast we give the description of the thief and he maybe caught in the future, don't leave a comment saying it's Impossible when it'not. thanks for feedback! You sure know a lot about theft methods omegalul, have you been robbed before? Peace!
2019-08-12 00:16:15

Pro Bunny

Crossfiree
Hey,

I guess It is already in consideration, May come in MIUI 11

Thanks CrossFiree! Hope it comes with MIUI 11, we're waiting! cheers
2019-08-12 00:17:13

Beta Team

Iñigo Martinez | from MI PAD 3

WTF... hard reset will always necessary. You cannot bypass hard reset functionality. So, entering the PIN for turn your phone off does not make sense.
2019-08-12 01:55:51
ShadowPT replied at 2019-08-11 17:16:15
gus, of course nothing is theft Proof, but if we can make it more difficult for the thieves thus gaining us time to report to the Police and give the live GPS location of the phone (if not covered in 3+ layers of aluminum kitchen foil LOL) and recover it, why shouldn't that be an option? it is possible to recover it, although it is also possible we don't.. but it is Better than nothing!! And don't say if it is gone, is gone.. what if it's not? understand? I'm sure Police till these days recovered lost phones.. if the phone is really gone atleast we give the description of the thief and he maybe caught in the future, don't leave a comment saying it's Impossible when it'not. thanks for feedback! You sure know a lot about theft methods omegalul, have you been robbed before? Peace!

Oh come on. You live on the same country I do. Police has better things to do than chase cellphones around.
They only record the incident for statistic purposes and register the IMEIs in case it ever shows up, they never actively search for it.
Besides, even if you could use your GPS to track your cellphone, what would you do? Storm the GPS location alone and retrieve your phone?

You may have a slim chance or retrieving your cellphone if you act quickly and have the extreme luck of having some police patrol in the near vicinity AND  be able to identify the thief AND the perpetrator still has the phone in his possession.
Besides, accusing someone of stealing your phone without being able to prove it latter can put you in a lot of legal troubles.
Phone thieves usually act in groups, the perpetrator immediately passes the phone to someone else without you even noticing, so even if you identify the person who took it, it will be extremely difficult to prove authorship of the theft without the "smoking gun".
Most stolen cellphones are "exported", others are used for illegal activities. Even if eventually recovered, the legal proceedings for a recovered cellphone to be returned to its rightful owner takes forever.

No, I have never been "alleviated" of any cellphone but a family member was. It was on the counter of a coffee shop and in the time it takes to drink an expresso, it was gone. We tried to call the number within 30 seconds of the "disappearance" but it was already disconnected. I'm pretty sure the thief or thieves didn’t stay around long enough and risk being discovered and pinpointed by a ringing cellphone.
One other aspect of GPS tracking is that you have to have a computer immediately at hand (or another cellphone) to be able to track the missing phone.
All things considered, and like I wrote earlier, the best way to recover a cellphone is never to lose it in the first place.
Relying on fragile technology like GPS (which only works reliably on open spaces), magic APPs or law enforcement to locate it and retrieve it is IMO wishful thinking.
But hey, don't let me pi$$ in your parade..... Peace

2019-08-12 03:01:29
thats just brilliant
2019-08-12 10:08:38