In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] otg issue with poco f1

2019-08-09 11:40:08
2004 12
Hi,

When i connect card reader with type c otg. It randomly gets connected disconnected. I'm able to transfer file from the otg drive. ( not all the time... Many times its gets disconnected in between coping and its says 'can't copy').

But when i copy file from internal to otg drive. It shows like 300mbps transfer speed for a second then copy failed. ( otg drive gets disconnected automatically and then reconnects after some time automatically).

I'm using samsung evo card in otg and used some other cards too. And i have changed card reader and type c otg adapter too. Still same issue.

Same type c otg adaptor working fine with my laptop and i tested it with mi A2 also....its working fine. Only have issues with poco f1.

So can anyone test it? (card reader with type c). Also please test it with file above 1.5Gb(like movies etc... Single file above 1.5gb).

Just want to it is software issue or hardware issue?
I'm using miui 10.3.6.
And my card format is FAT32 4kb cluster( i think)

Thanks...
2019-08-09 11:40:08
Favorites RateRate
yes that can happen because of broken otg cable or card readers that doesn't function properly, but there is no issue with the otg support of pocophone so far
2019-08-27 02:32:44

Advanced Bunny

AlphaVk Author | from app

Hamza Khan
yes that can happen because of broken otg cable or card readers that doesn't function properly, but there is no issue with the otg support of pocophone so far

Wait man... Don't add stamp too quickly...
First thing.... I tested this with three poco f1.... Same issue.. (from 1 year old to 2month old).
Second thing.... I have tested this with multiple otg adapter and multiple card readers and with multiple sd cards( same issue)
Third thing..... Same otg+card reader working fine with mi A2 and laptop... All otg and card readers ( so definitely problem with poco only)
Forth thing.... There is no no issue if i use pendrive with otg adapter.... Only card readers have problem ( when copy data from internal to otg drive).
Please test this thing yourself  take otg adapter+card reader. Now transfer a file above 1gb from internal to otg drive (card reader).. Transfer will failed..... I'm pretty sure about this
2019-08-27 03:46:51

Master Bunny

vinumsv | from app

Just a note, Poco F1 has usb 2.0 standard with type-c interface
2019-08-27 04:55:13
Poco F1 Graphite Black (6/64GB)

Advanced Bunny

vinumsv
Just a note, Poco F1 has usb 2.0 standard with type-c interface

Yes.... I know that. But it suppose to work with otg+card reader. Every other phone working fine with same card reader and otg.
2019-08-27 10:03:26
AlphaVk replied at 2019-08-27 12:46:51
Wait man... Don't add stamp too quickly...
First thing.... I tested this with three poco f1.... Same issue.. (from 1 year old to 2month old).
Second thing.... I have tested this with multiple otg adapter and multiple card readers and with multiple sd cards( same issue)

so as you asked me to test this by my self. and i did, everything is working fine for me. data transfer is fine, no transfer fails or any error. and i tried a card reader from a brand "bastch". i hope this answers your question
2019-08-27 15:07:21

Advanced Bunny

Hamza Khan
so as you asked me to test this by my self. and i did, everything is working fine for me. data transfer is fine, no transfer fails or any error. and i tried a card reader from a brand "bastch". i hope this answers your question

Did you transferred a file above 1gb from internal to otg drive?(like a movie or any obb file etc) .. I used card reader from 40RS to 250RS...same issue(branded or non branded) .   They working fine with other devices. And this issue is with every poco f1 i have tested ( so it can't be problem with my device only).
2019-08-27 21:40:32
AlphaVk replied at 2019-08-28 06:40:32
Did you transferred a file above 1gb from internal to otg drive?(like a movie or any obb file etc) .. I used card reader from 40RS to 250RS...same issue(branded or non branded) .   They working fine with other devices. And this issue is with every poco f1 i have tested ( so it can't be problem with my device only).

yes i transferred a movie that was around 2.3 gb and it was fine for me
2019-08-30 02:28:28
disable usb debugging
2019-08-30 08:14:51

Advanced Bunny

miraclemanoj
disable usb debugging

It's off already. If you have this combo... Otg+card reader +card.... Then please test it. ( three device can't be faulty at same time with same issue. One of them is brand new like one month old).
Issue facing when transfer from internal to otg drive..
2019-08-30 10:12:24
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #10