In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

Master Bunny

frost_dragneel | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

they did forgot about Redmi Note 6 Pro
2019-08-03 14:36:22

Master Bunny

Murshad | from app

Thanx for Sharing
2019-08-03 14:54:09

Advanced Bunny

Luki1412 | from MI 9

Sanam Madhikarmi
Don't dream too bro
We are stuck in MIUI 10.2.3 😂,,,,,, other are all in miui 10.3.

I have mi9 and it doesnt have 10.3 yet. There isnt one available yet.
2019-08-03 16:28:21

Advanced Bunny

Kiril768 | from Redmi Note 7

thanks for sharing
2019-08-03 22:45:15

Master Bunny

Sknight | from Redmi Note 4

Ioannis Andreadis
Yes redmi note 4 is dead. Time for custom rom and personally if i choose to buy a budget smartphone, it won't be a xiaomi one

I still like my device and I know about the end of the official support , but we were supposed to still be in the last trail of the support before they cut off it. I can't find official information about the Redmi Note 4X but I read something that says that they won't support Android 6/7 (I don't know if it's official also), and the current version of Android in the device it's 7 (not even the last nougat version also). If they would like to still give the device a hand, they could modify the Redmi 5 Plus rom to work with the Redmi Note 4X (it's almost the same hardware, just a bigger screen) that uses Android 8. I know that they only update Android one time but I'm not asking for an Android update in the device (also it's difficult to perceive a real change of an Android update while using MIUI, most of the time, the updates just bring newer inner upgrades), just that they support properly the device until its supposed end of support (and to fix some bugs like one that happens sometimes with the headphones, and started happening since the last update).
2019-08-03 23:06:47

Pro Bunny

Ioannis Andreadis | from Redmi Note 4

Sknight
I still like my device and I know about the end of the official support , but we were supposed to still be in the last trail of the support before they cut off it. I can't find official information about the Redmi Note 4X but I read something that says that they won't support Android 6/7 (I don't know if it's official also), and the current version of Android in the device it's 7 (not even the last nougat version also). If they would like to still give the device a hand, they could modify the Redmi 5 Plus rom to work with the Redmi Note 4X (it's almost the same hardware, just a bigger screen) that uses Android 8. I know that they only update Android one time but I'm not asking for an Android update in the device (also it's difficult to perceive a real change of an Android update while using MIUI, most of the time, the updates just bring newer inner upgrades), just that they support properly the device until its supposed end of support (and to fix some bugs like one that happens sometimes with the headphones, and started happening since the last update).

I agree with you. I don't request an android update, but at least a stable rom with latest android security patch. We have security patch of 12- 2018!!! And last xiaomi don't give any information at all. For last 6 months they say that update was delayed for mido due to system errors... I decided to flash a custom rom finally. I will have pie with latest security updates.
2019-08-03 23:23:05

Master Bunny

Ioannis Andreadis
I agree with you. I don't request an android update, but at least a stable rom with latest android security patch. We have security patch of 12- 2018!!! And last xiaomi don't give any information at all. For last 6 months they say that update was delayed for mido due to system errors... I decided to flash a custom rom finally. I will have pie with latest security updates.

The updates stopped for unexplained and unresolved system errors, and everything about the device (bugs, MIUI updates, Android security patches, information) seem to be forgotten but the device still it's supposed to have support, and that's the problem that bothers some of us as I read in the community, and most probably, the lack of anything about the device will continue until the real end date of the support. Would be easier for us to know (officially), if the device support ended rather than waiting that something wonderful its about to happen (at least to start looking for custom roms, if needed). And Android, if they really wanted, they could find a real way to make almost every device (with the proper hardware requirements) able to be updated, like a real OS (even perhaps while using customizations or at least making the job much easier), and not like the tailor made firmware that needs to be customized for each device and see if it works almost correctly, and without the need to rely in security patches that the manufacturer won't send when their support time it's over (among other reasons).
2019-08-04 07:11:03

Pro Bunny

Ioannis Andreadis | from Redmi Note 4

Sknight
The updates stopped for unexplained and unresolved system errors, and everything about the device (bugs, MIUI updates, Android security patches, information) seem to be forgotten but the device still it's supposed to have support, and that's the problem that bothers some of us as I read in the community, and most probably, the lack of anything about the device will continue until the real end date of the support. Would be easier for us to know (officially), if the device support ended rather than waiting that something wonderful its about to happen (at least to start looking for custom roms, if needed). And Android, if they really wanted, they could find a real way to make almost every device (with the proper hardware requirements) able to be updated, like a real OS (even perhaps while using customizations or at least making the job much easier), and not like the tailor made firmware that needs to be customized for each device and see if it works almost correctly, and without the need to rely in security patches that the manufacturer won't send when their support time it's over (among other reasons).

My friend if any company (not only xiaomi) update android version, then people would keep a smartphone for at least 5-8 years. And this is not a profitable strategy.. Ican understand this. But i think that not even 2 years of support for a smartphone and with this way (lack of updates due to system errors) is minimal and is disrespectful for a client. That's my opinion.
2019-08-04 11:23:15

Master Bunny

1757322930 | from MI 8 Lite

redmi 5, note 4x ?
2019-08-04 15:28:48

Master Bunny

Ioannis Andreadis
My friend if any company (not only xiaomi) update android version, then people would keep a smartphone for at least 5-8 years. And this is not a profitable strategy.. Ican understand this. But i think that not even 2 years of support for a smartphone and with this way (lack of updates due to system errors) is minimal and is disrespectful for a client. That's my opinion.

I just dream about Android management because it's not going to happen for many reasons but it's awkward that if I want, I could install a recent OS in a computer that it's 10 years almost old without many problems (obviously checking hardware requerimients or updating the video hardware if it's a desktop computer) and the recent smartphones that work almost as good as a computer, can't easily be updated (not talking about custom roms, also I don't have a chance to brick a computer when updating o changing the OS), it's a bit frustrating. People I believe would work as with the computers, perhaps they can still use it but if they want newer hardware or if it fails or they just want a new one, they will buy it, and about the Redmi Note 4X support, I'm not angry about if it ends, I like a lot my device and MIUI (I don't even want to change the rom for possible security issues), and if I need to change my device, probably will be another one from Xiaomi, but I would like as many users/owners of the device that Xiaomi would give official information about the current state of the device to know if we still can wait for any update (security patch, bug fixes, MIUI 11) or if we are free to change rom or buy another device. It's better a simple bitter answer rather than keep guessing and expecting something that won't happen, but well, that's just an opinion.
2019-08-05 00:05:05