Hi Mi Fans,
In today’s world, everyone is interconnected to each other, thanks to the continually evolving technology. Mobile phones are the best example to that as it allows us to connect to everyone. And for mobile to connect to a network it needs a SIM card which is provided by the service providers like Airtel, Vodafone, etc.
Now a question arises in our mind what actually is a SIM card? SIM card is an identification by the service provider via mobile number and SIM serial number which is 19 digits and is printed on the back of a SIM card. It comes in various sizes like Standard, Micro, and Nano. And nowadays almost every mobile device has either Micro or Nano SIM slot.
However, there are times when SIM card develops some fault or some dirt gets collected in SIM card slot resulting which it doesn’t connect to the network resulting which we are not able to make calls or simply said we get disconnected with others.
Here are some of the common corrective actions which we can perform from our end if we are not getting a network signal on our device:
1) The first thing that we can do if we are not getting network signal is to check if SIM is properly inserted in SIM slot or not. Because, if the SIM is not connected properly with the device SIM slot metal area it will not pick network signal.
2) Make sure no fibre or dust is collected at the SIM slot where SIM is inserted because if fibre/dirt gets in-between SIM and device SIM slot then your device will display either no network or no SIM card. So, by using a soft cloth clean the SIM area on the device or blow compressed air to the SIM slot.
3) If both above-mentioned steps are performed and even then mobile is not latching the network then insert SIM card to another slot or to another device to check whether it works or not. If it works, then it means your device SIM slot has some issue.
4) Also, you can insert different SIM card either from the same network provider or from a different network provider to same SIM slot and see if it displays network or not. Sometimes SIM card can also be faulty.
5) Nowadays almost every mobile device comes with dual SIM slot and the second SIM slot supports either SIM or memory card and now with the availability of adaptors which a person can insert in second SIM slot to use both SIM card and a memory card. However, if the adaptor is not connected properly, it will not reflect the second SIM card network. Make sure to double check that adaptor connector is properly in contact with SIM slot on your device.
6) Check to see that your SIM card metal area has no crack or is not broken because it contains very thin wires inside and if those are broken or damaged then it will not latch to a network and you will need to get yourself a new SIM card.
7) If you have recently purchased a new SIM card and not getting network then check whether your service provider has activated the SIM or not. The service provider has to perform standard SIM activation procedure like background verification and many others.
Hope these fixes will help you solve SIM card issues. Also if you have other solutions then please share those with us in comments section below.