In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] Mi Smart Sensor - Automate your space with a Peace of mind

2019-08-02 03:17:07
10851 53

Hei Mi Fans,

Alright, how are we doing thus far? This time round, I am gonna share a little bit about the part and puzzle of the Mi Ecosystem gadgetry. Mi Smart Sensor Set is a simple yet effective and diversified in it's functions, be it in your home or office, automating thru the Mi Home app to protect your perimeters.

What's in the box?
Just a walkthrough, what's comes with this Global Mi Smart Sensor Set which differs from the China set. It comes in a well thought design box, layout nicely in a perforated box and a sponge cover to keep the in place during shipping and storage. There you will find a Mi Wireless Switch - a multi purpose wireless switch, Mi Control Hub - the gateway hub, the mother control of most Mi gadgetry, a pair of Mi Door/window Sensor and finally those cute looking pair of Mi Motion Sensors.

About Mi Home app
Mi Home is the official app from Xiaomi that helps you manage your Xiaomi products in the easiest and most convenient way possible. You can configure or program your lamp, vacuum cleaner, smartwatch, alarm clock, fan, security camera and so on. In this case to configure the Mi Smart Sensor Set parameters and functions to suit your needs.

Mi Home is a must have app for anyone that uses any of the many Xiaomi products on a regular basis. When signing in, you have to select your region. And what you choose here really impacts on what devices you can sync with the app. Do note that, choosing 'China' or other countries will result in different sets of menus depending on the countries policies and provisions, hence choosing 'Mainland China' will yield more features, eg. Internet radio for the Mi Control Hub. On the other hand choosing other respective countries, will make it easier for respective language for better understanding.

Mi Control Hub
The Mi Control Hub is the most essential component being the central multifunctional hub/gateway to the vast range of the Mi Ecosystem devices connecting to your router over WiFi and talking with other devices over dual protocol that is ZigBee and WiFi ensuring stable, secured and fast linkage simultaneously in terms of high sensitivity functions up to 30 subdevices. While, it also double as a radio with 1200 Online Internet Radio Broadcast, an alarm with customizable ringtone or MP3 songs, a speaker, a doorbell chime and changeable 16 millions RBG night light with diverse functions like automatically lights on when someone enters when matched with Mi Sensor.

Mi Wireless Switch
The Mi Wireless Switch is a simple button itself and has three basic functions enabled with single press, double press and long press. It adds to the automation of the matching devices of the ecosystem to activate and deactivate eg. the Mi Bedside Lamp and various devices when required.
Installing is made easy, as the gateway will always monitor new device within it's perimeter or else you can add it manually, open the Mi Home app and click on the ‘+’ sign in the top corner then Select the Household Security tab, then the Mi Wireless Switch, and it should be connected in no time, if it failed use the Sim tool to reset on the bottom of the switch.

Mi Window and Door Sensor
Mi Window and Door Sensor comes with two components, the sensorunit and the magnet unit. It can be used for security and to do intelligent functions. Like opening the window with switch off the air conditioning unit or when you open the door it will switch the lights, or for the case of security, when someone open your door it activate the DVR to record the instances. Installation is piece of cake, just match it with your Mi Control Hub thru your Mi Home app.

Mi Motion Sensor
Mi Motion Sensor uses infrared technology to recognize the motion of people or pets around your home. It literally detects motion, and can be customize to activate/deactivate other devices within the Ecosystem, can act as an entry alarm and can be place anywhere strategic around your space. Installation is pretty easy thru the Mi Home app.

Thoughts
There has been an influx over the smart home devices over the past few years, what was once referred to as home automation or still referred to as Internet of Things (IoT) which is now commonly known as Smart Home. Everything is talking everything, to keep you informed as well keeping the corelated devices informed as well. The Mi Smart Sensor Set amazed and impressed me in many ways after, I found the multifunction it does for my convenience, keeping me well-informed of the status of my home while I am away, hence giving me a total solution for a Peace of Mind. As far as installation, it has been very thoughtful of the designer to make it easy and simple. The Mi Wireless Switch, Mi Motion Sensor and Mi Window and Door Sensor all came with 3M double tape for easy installation, reset is accessible with the Sim tool pin and the battery should last a long time with the benefit of the low power ZigBee protocol.

To conclude, the Mi Smart Sensor Set is a recommended product under the Mijia sub-brand and I more excited to get more devices within the Mi Ecosystem.

"Realizing the Mi Fan's Dreams"

Recommended threads related to Smart Sensor:
[Review] [Mi Ecosystem] Mi Smart Sensor Set Unboxing and Review
[Review] [Slavin's Gadgets] Mi Smart Sensor Set (China) Unboxing
[Review] Mi Smart Sensor Set Global Edition Unboxing
2019-08-02 03:17:07
Favorites34 RateRate

Intern Moderator

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Thanks for the review!
2019-08-02 04:14:11

Resource Team