In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Other] How to set up battery save mode to auto activate?

2019-07-11 01:22:09
135 9
Hello everyone.

Well, I'm using a Mi 9 with MIUI 10.2.9.0

Is there a way to configure battery saving mode to autoactivate? For example at 30% or 50% battery level? I have been looking into the options but so far I've been unlucky.

I find a little annoying that I have to manually activate the battery saver every time I need it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
2019-07-11 01:22:09
Favorites RateRate
Hey,

Go to Security App--- Battery Optimization -----Automated tasks ----add new

You can choose when to enable battery saver mode. You can choose the time also.
2019-07-11 01:38:06

Rookie Bunny

Kaiel27 Author | from MI 9

Crossfiree
Hey,

Go to Security App--- Battery Optimization -----Automated tasks ----add new

I just checked under security app and there is no battery optimization option. There is Battery usage, under that option I can set up timers to turn on and off the device, but I don't have an option to set up at what level of battery will the battery saver get activated. Am I missing something? Maybe I don't have the same MIUI version? I'm using MIUI Global 10.2 - MIUI 10.2.9.0 (PFAMIXM9).
If you could post a picture of the menu with the option so I can try and find it... I don't know what else to do.
2019-07-11 02:02:15

Semi Pro Bunny

Bixby | from Redmi S2

Kaiel27
I just checked under security app and there is no battery optimization option. There is Battery usage, under that option I can set up timers to turn on and off the device, but I don't have an option to set up at what level of battery will the battery saver get activated. Am I missing something? Maybe I don't have the same MIUI version? I'm using MIUI Global 10.2 - MIUI 10.2.9.0 (PFAMIXM9).
If you could post a picture of the menu with the option so I can try and find it... I don't know what else to do.

There is an option hidden but allows activation at 15% or 5% only
2019-07-11 13:32:18

Rookie Bunny

Bixby
There is an option hidden but allows activation at 15% or 5% only

Thanks Bixby, at least it'll get on at some point. When you say hidden you mean there is no way for us to choose whether it'll activate at 15% or 5%? If there is a way to access it so I can make sure it'll turn on at 15% please let me know how, so I can check it up. Thanks for the help.
2019-07-11 13:43:44

Semi Pro Bunny

Bixby | from Redmi S2

Kaiel27
Thanks Bixby, at least it'll get on at some point. When you say hidden you mean there is no way for us to choose whether it'll activate at 15% or 5%? If there is a way to access it so I can make sure it'll turn on at 15% please let me know how, so I can check it up. Thanks for the help.

You can go to it by using Quick Shortcut Maker. Search using Normal Search in the Activities tab for "Battery saver". Under Settings, tap the BatterySaverSettings activity and then tap Try. You will get to the setting. This actually used to be a visible setting. I don't know know why it got hidden. Also, I can't guarantee whether it works anymore.
2019-07-11 17:36:39

Rookie Bunny

Bixby
You can go to it by using Quick Shortcut Maker. Search using Normal Search in the Activities tab for "Battery saver". Under Settings, tap the BatterySaverSettings activity and then tap Try. You will get to the setting. This actually used to be a visible setting. I don't know know why it got hidden. Also, I can't guarantee whether it works anymore.

Thank you very much for your help Bixby, I will try that.
2019-07-11 18:08:17

Rookie Bunny

Bixby

Wasn't able to get to the auto activation setting, it isn't showing it for me. but I was able to get to the Extreme Mode which wasn't showing before. I just couldn't create the shortcut on the desktop for some reason, when I choose the option it sends me back to the desktop without creating the shortcut.
2019-07-12 12:52:16

Rookie Bunny

Bixby

Did some more searching and was able to find the autoactivation option. I'll have to wait and see if it works, it was deactivated from default. it has a bar to select at how much charge left you want the battery saver to activate, but I don't know if it's actually working. some of the other options in that menu seem not to be working. I'll have to wait to the battery to go down to see if it'll actually activate at the Battery % I chose.
2019-07-12 13:06:44

Rookie Bunny

Kaiel27
Did some more searching and was able to find the autoactivation option. I'll have to wait and see if it works, it was deactivated from default. it has a bar to select at how much charge left you want the battery saver to activate, but I don't know if it's actually working. some of the other options in that menu seem not to be working. I'll have to wait to the battery to go down to see if it'll actually activate at the Battery % I chose.

It doesn't work, I confirmed it. For some reason, every option in that hidden menu doesn't work. I put it back to the way it was, just in case and then exited.
2019-07-12 22:37:50