In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

[Discussion] Battery drain on MIUI 10.2.27.0 ( PFAEUXM )

2019-07-09 22:15:45
2538 4
Hello,
I updated last week-end my Xiaomi Mi 9 to and since then my battery life is good low , on 10.2.26.0.PFAEUXM my battery life was much better .
With the same settings on my phone on 10.2.26.0.PFAEUXM i got arround 6-7 hour till 15% battery now with 10.2.27.0.PFAEUXM i got arround 4 Hours.
I tryed to clear cache and  data and i got no improve.
I dont know what to do , i really enjoy my phone but i with this battery life ... it will be not even good on daily use.

Thank you
2019-07-09 22:15:45
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6170947418 | from MI 9

Im having a problem with my battery on my Mi9 sinc 10.2.2.0 and now 10.2.12.0 I have cleaned cache, formatted but nothing
2019-07-10 00:21:38

Grand Master Bunny

Cah Bagos | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

need a week to adapt the new update, just wait and use it a week [ normally ] then check. or:
try this tips:
1. turn off mobile data network when it's not necessary/ when signal is poor [ don't use many apps which requires data network ]
2. go to security -> manage apps -> permissions -> Autostart -> deny all
3. go to security -> manage apps -> permissions -> other permissions -> permissions -> start in background -> restrict all
4. go to security -> battery -> tap setting icon on top right corner:
*turn off mobile data when device is locked -> set to in 5 minutes
*clear cache when device is locked -> set to in 1 minute
5. enable battery saver.
hope it's can increase your battery backup. Regards ✌️
2019-07-10 00:53:00
Experience is the best teacher..!

Rookie Bunny

6199904062 Author |

@6170947418 your drain is much bigger because of the Android System ,  mine is around 8-10% , in the past it was like Android around 4% .

@Cah Bagos  is not my first update , previously 10.2.26.0.PFAEUXM update doesn't affect my battery life .
Why this time new update which brings to the system only goods things if the Change Log was write destroy the battery ?
I stay almost all time on WI-FI and the drain is so much then before , in 5 hours my phone drained 20% on wi-fi and i used it very rare ( not even 30 minutes with Youtube and a little bit of social apps ) .

For me is not good to stay with all apps restricted on background  ( only whatsapp, messenger and gmail are not restricted   ) because my work depends on them.
If i start using Outlook on phone i think my battery will be even worst.

There should be a BUG somewhere bring with the new update , hope will be fixed soon .

Thank you for help
2019-07-10 18:24:28
Cah Bagos replied at 2019-07-09 18:53:00
need a week to adapt the new update, just wait and use it a week [ normally ] then check. or:
try this tips:
1. turn off mobile data network when it's not necessary/ when signal is poor [ don't use many apps which requires data network ]

All your Tips are Foobar !.

Such are not needed on other Devices.

Something is really wrong with Miui.
We didnt belived it, because two Mi9se Devices are running very well, but we experienced the Battery-Problem on most other  Mi9/se Devices in the Company. And we pinpointed the Problem to the Software. The Company wont buy these Phones again.They switched to evil Sam..ung(S10 and S10+), but we are allowed to hold the Mi's for Private use.

So Mi (Global/China,i dont care) has to do:
1. (Nice said) : Finally update regulary the Roms (Mi9 and Mi9Se) with the monthly Security Updates from Google (Yes your meant Global Mi Team). China is on 10.3.4 (Mi9se) already.
2. fix all existing bugs like the one mentioned here, instead to bring out new "Features" that NOONE needs.

Update :

So all our employees in the company have decided not to keep the Mi devices. For the sake of the environment, they are now brought to the recycling centre. However, I and one colleague will stay on the devices (I Mi9se, He Mi9) , as we are familiar with the matter (Computer and Embedded Dev and Technican for about 20 Years) and observe the whole thing.
And here Screenshots from my Device : (5-6% over Night in Standby), but only one of two Devices , all others had 15-28%

2019-07-10 19:46:58