In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Devices

[Review] [Mi Ecosystem] Mi LED Smart Bulb Unboxing and Review

2019-07-06 11:06:41
1162 45

Hello, Mi-fans!
  It’s Friday, which means it’s time for a review of the next fascinating gadget to be entering the huge Mi ecosystem. We've already managed to give you a look at the Mi Smart Sensor Set and Mi Home Security Camera 360, and both of these appliances would pretty much be enough to give your house an extra level of security. But as we all know, a “Smart Home” includes not only security, but also comfort, and today’s topic of discussion will be an appliance known for making life more comfortable, cozy, and brighter – today we’ll be looking at the Mi LED Smart Bulb, also known as the Yeelight LED Light Bulb.

From the outside
  The Mi LED Smart Bulb comes in a white cardboard box, where you’ll find a picture of the bulb on the front, along with its features and other information on the back. There isn’t much inside the box apart from instructions and of course, the lamp itself. I’ll also note that the instructions are written in a variety of languages, including English, which was quite a relief for me. Also, not long ago all Mi gadgets would have to be shipped from China, and as you probably know, English was never really included in any of the products.

Aesthetically speaking, the lamp is impressive. The sturdy design is made with nice materials – aluminum and plastic. Personally, this might be one of the most good-looking and stylish LED lamps I’ve ever come across.

Holding the lamp in your hands, you can definitely feel its weight. It’s much heavier than regular lamps, and for a good reason. Inside the Mi LED Smart Bulb, among all the LEDs, are various components that make the lamp “smart” – a Wi-Fi module, chip, and relay.

Features and functionality
  The Mi LED Smart Bulb is a – you guessed it – Smart Bulb, and from this we can already expect that its range of functions will be much greater than that of a regular old lamp. First of all, you get the ability to modify the brightness within a range of 80-800 lumens, and color temperature from 1700 to 6500 Kelvin. This will allow you to customize the lamp so that the color and brightness suits your eyes perfectly at any time of day. On top of that, using the app will let you choose from 16 million different colors and shades to suit your mood. You have to agree – that’s impressive! I’ve taken some example photos and a video which can be seen below.

You connect to the lamp via a wireless channel (Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz), and it’s thanks to this that the connection is more stable than it would be if you were to connect with, say, Bluetooth. I connect to my kettle at home via Bluetooth, and after standing two walls apart the connection is lost completely.

Mi claims that its LED Smart Bulb lasts for 25,000 hours, which, assuming an average lamp usage rate, totals 10 years! No other LED lamp of mine (even if it’s “dumb”) is capable of doing this. For me personally, this is a huge advantage.

Specs:
Model: MJDP02YL
Power consumption: 220V-240V, 50/60Hz
Rated power: 10W
Size and weight: 120mm (height), 55mm (width), 140g
Connection: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz
Socket: E27
Luminous flux: 800 lumens
Color temperature: 1700-6500K
Amount of colors: 16,000,000

Connection to appliances and options
  The Mi LED Smart Bulb can be controlled via two official apps: Mi Home and Yeelight. Both apps provide more or less the same options, but let’s discuss them one by one.

Yeelight – the branded app of the lamp manufacturer. It comes with 12 preinstalled color templates and the ability to customize light, color, and brightness. Custom templates can be easily made and saved for later use.

Using Yeelight, you can also create a schedule for your Smart Lamp, according to which it will automatically turn on and off. These are the main key features of the Yeelight app.

Mi Home – this app is for more advanced users, and gives you more options with controlling the Mi LED Smart Bulb. If Yeelight allows you to simply control the lamp, with Mi Home you can turn your Smart Lamp into a fully functioning part of your Smart House.

You will be able to fully automize the Mi LED Smart Bulb, allowing it to interact with other appliances in the Mi Ecosystem in various ways.

For example, you can configure the Smart Bulb in such a way that it will automatically turn on when a Motion Sensor or IP Camera detects that someone has entered the room.

Final thoughts
  Overall, I think that the Mi LED Smart Bulb is a gadget that anyone looking to set up a Smart Home should have. You can see for yourself – 16 million color options, 256 levels of brightness, complete integration into your Smart Home and a 25,000-hour guarantee. Is that not an amazing appliance to have? I would agree, especially considering its modest price.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +3 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-07-06 11:06:41
Favorites16 RateRate

ph.eliezer | from Mi 9 SE

Nice article
2019-07-06 14:36:48
@ph.eliezer

Manjeet dahiya | from Redmi Note 4

Nice Unboxing
2019-07-06 21:30:05

Resource Team

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-07-08 13:07:51
Awesome article
2019-07-09 00:03:02
Great article
2019-07-09 00:03:33

Pro Bunny

1588294153 | from MI 6

modest price can still be cheaper, then sales volume will surpass all expectations and competitions
2019-07-10 06:14:34

Rookie Bunny

suarezale | from MI 8 Lite

Great review! Thanks!
2019-07-10 06:22:56

Master Bunny

1715389481 | from Redmi Note 4

I like it.
2019-07-10 06:24:54

Master Bunny

1630485853 | from Redmi Note 7

Great articole, thanks!
2019-07-10 06:40:41

Master Bunny

ShamOsman | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

It would be nice if we could have the price too.
2019-07-10 06:46:49