In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Notebook

[Tips] Battery Life finally fixed!

2019-06-19 01:22:01
12610 5
If anyone has seen my threads in the original (superior) MIUI forum, you know that me and many others had problems with very little battery life from the Xiaomi Air 13 2017 laptop, about 2 hours or so.  Now it lasts for 7  hours! I finally fixed it today and I'm happy to share how I did it.

First and foremost let me tell you that replacing the battery would not do you any good unless your battery has been worn a lot. I tried it and it didn't fix anything, only slightly improved battery life and consistency.

The first thing to do is go to your BIOS by pressing F2 repeatedly while turning on the laptop, and checking if the BIOS version code ends in 0504 or 0705. If it is 0504, you need to update the BIOS first. Before doing so, revert to optimal defaults in the BIOS and save. Here you can download and find steps how to update:

http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-13643021-1-o1

Next, get a clean new copy of Windows, preferably using the media creation tool. I used Windows 10 Pro and the same registration key I used previously. Boot the USB and format the 256gb partition and install Windows on that. Make sure to disable every additional setting like sharing data with Microsoft, there is a page full of privacy settings in the installation.

After getting to desktop, at this point I still didn't get the battery life fixed. Additional steps are needed.

Go to xiaomi.cn and find the downloads for the drivers for this laptop model. Make sure you get the exact right model, there are two pages so check them both for the exact match, some look the same. This is very important.

Extract everything using WinRAR and install every driver given except MiTongBu. Make sure to install the integrated graphics driver before the nvidia one. For everu driver that asks to restart, restart. Don't install another driver before restarting. The sound driver may restart multiple times.

Lastly, open nvidia control panel found in the taskbar, and click Manage 3D settings. Choose the preferred GPU as Integrated Graphics and Save.

Now charge your laptop to 100% and if you did everything like me it should be fixed.

Best of luck! :D

2019-06-19 01:22:01
Favorites3 RateRate
Can anyone confirm this? I dont want to reinstall Windows 10 again until someone confirms this guide.
I manually updated all drivers to latest versions via Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

I have the 2016 version Mi Notebook 13.3 with Geforce 940mx

My current drivers are:

Intel gpu:
Driver Version
Driver Date

Nvidia:
Driver Version
Driver Date
At the moment my battery lasts for about 3 hours - only surfing and some youtube videos. Windows 10 battery profile: balanced.
2019-11-01 00:03:03
The version of my bios is A06... can work anyway?
2020-09-27 14:47:09
Thanks for info :up:
2020-10-08 02:00:03
Hello,
can anyone confirm that this works?

THANKS
2020-10-24 00:39:06
Rafael Boom replied at 2019-11-01 00:03:03
Can anyone confirm this? I dont want to reinstall Windows 10 again until someone confirms this guide.
I manually updated all drivers to latest versions via Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

Hello, have you tried it and did it work? Thanks!
2021-01-31 17:53:29