In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[Best of App] [App Showdown #2] VLC Vs MX Player - Battle Between Most Popular Video Player

2019-06-15 12:28:23
2342 78

Hello MI Community Members,

How are you? I hope you all are fine. Our App Resources Team always focuses on sharing the best quality apps to our fellow Mi Fans. In addition to our weekly collection and App Trend, we bring you a new series - App Showdown. In this series we will compare two apps and give you a detailed analysis of the comparison.

First of all, I wanna say sorry for the late App Showdown thread . Well, in this series we discuss about the best video player for Android, VLC Player and MX Player. Both application are very popular and many people using it for a long time, and also become Google Playstore Editors' Choice. With VLC and MX Player, user can easily watching video and hearing music, any time, anywhere. Now tell me, which team are you? #TeamVLC or #TeamMX  

VLC Player For Android

VLC Player For Android, a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that come from VideoLabs 17 years ago (2001) but come to Android in 2012. VLC compatible with many platform such as Windows NT, Windows Phone, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Tizen, OS/2[13], Xbox One system software.

VLC has simple UI and clean design. You will love it when I said VLC is free and ads-free. With VLC Player you can easily watch video with many great feature such as subtitle, gesture, playlist and many more. What kind of video format suitable with this app? Well, almost all of video formats can be play on VLC. VLC also compatible with PC and phone. Very nice! Surprisingly, VLC isn't only video player application, but also audio player with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all kind of  audio formats. You need Android 2.3 or above to install this application.

MX Player

Meanwhile J2 Interactive, Korea developed another great video player application a year earlier from VLC, called MX Player. The developer describes that MX Player is a powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support. Yes, I agree with that! MX Player has 2 versions app, Free and Premium. If you like to watch video without annoying advertising, I suggest you to purchase the Premium version of MX Player.

MX Player come with many useful feature such as subtitle, video re-sizing, dark mode theme (for India only), simple UI, and Children protection feature (named Kids Lock). Kids Lock will keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. This app also user-friendly UI, easy-to-use interface and the ability to run videos of almost all sorts and media formats. Like VLC. you can also play audio file with this app.

MX player also supports many format subtitles, such as SubStationAlpha(.ssa/.ass), SAMI(.smi), SubRip(.srt), MicroDVD(.sub), VobSub(.sub/.idx), SubViewer2.0(.sub),MPL2(.mpl), and many more. In June 2018, Times Internet has invested Rs 1,000 to acquire a majority stake in MX Player, the world’s largest local video platform, as it prepares to enter the over-the-top (OTT) video streaming sector, taking on the likes of Netflix and Amazon in India.

Comparison Table

Thank you all for reading

Have recommendation to the next App Showdown thread? Write on comment or send me PM

Recent App Showdown:
Single Poll thread Total 170 Users Voted This Poll has ended.

45.29% (77)

54.71% (93)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 9 Experience +150 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-06-15 12:28:23
Favorites26 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Blazh69 | from Redmi Note 5

VLC is the King.
2019-06-15 12:34:38

Manjeet dahiya | from Redmi Note 4

Mx Player
2019-06-15 12:56:13

Grand Master Bunny

daniel675 | from MIX 3

prefer VLC
2019-06-15 13:11:40

Advanced Bunny

mikica | from app

Mx player pro
2019-06-15 13:11:44

Master Bunny

b01m | from Redmi Note 4

mx player..
2019-06-15 14:07:44

Master Bunny

M.Dx | from Redmi Note 4

For the Android platform, MX player is the best, good looking ui, jam-packed with features that VLC for Android doesn't have. But for Windows PC, yeah VLC is the king! (hopefully they can refresh the ui to modern design because now it so 2002, so please VLC team..)
2019-06-15 15:00:43

Master Bunny

Murshad | from app

VLC Player
2019-06-15 17:04:56

Pro Bunny

jsanr123 | from Redmi Note 4

prefer VLC.
2019-06-15 17:13:46

Device team

$huvo | from Redmi 4

Mx Player