In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

[Q&A] Why isn't Face Unlock available in all regions?

2019-06-15 04:33:40
441 8
Hi there,

One of the main reasons I went with purchasing a Xiaomi phone over competitors is because it offered more features including Face Unlock. However, upon purchasing the phone I couldn't find the option listed in settings. Thinking I had a faulty phone, I took to the internet to find out if other people were having the same problem and it turns out that Face Unlock is only available in certain regions. So, my question is; why is Face Unlock only available in certain regions, and if I were to change my region to say Hong Kong, how would it affect my phone?
2019-06-15 04:33:40
Favorites2 RateRate

Feedback Team

abhinav12321 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Hi there.
Thanks for writing to us.
Different regions have different rules and regulations. Due to The rules and regulations of the particular region, some features are restricted. The phone will not be affected by changing to any of the  region.
thanks
2019-06-15 04:41:55

Master Bunny

Emeey100 | from Redmi Note 5A Prime

I really wonder some times
2019-06-15 06:07:21

Rookie Bunny

Absentt Author | from Mi MIX 2S

abhinav12321
Hi there.
Different regions have different rules and regulations. Due to The rules and regulations of the particular region, some features are restricted. The phone will not be affected by changing to any of the  region.

Okay sure, but Face Unlock isn't illegal here...
2019-06-15 06:34:58

Advanced Bunny

624080339 | from Redmi Note 5

abhinav12321
Hi there.

Sooo, this is only partially true... If you change your region, which is Serbia in my case to India, Italy or Poland you will cause SMS to malfunction. For me on my redmi note 5 whenever I change my region SMS that I send are not the messagea that my friends receive. For example I'll send "Hi there, how are you?" and my friends will get "~ & %%    %".

So changing your region is not the good solution. I hope that I have been helpful.  Cheers!
2019-06-15 08:10:33

Advanced Bunny

1658401969 | from MI MAX

Region = Malaysia,
Face Unlock = N/A.

Dear Xiaomi,
Please respond, this is one of the most required part by users nowadays.

Regards
2019-06-15 09:44:01

Wizard Bunny

Novruz23777 | from Redmi Note 7

For Azerbaijan already available
2019-06-15 10:13:39

vespaman | from Mi MIX 2S

abhinav12321
Hi there.

hi, everyone can understand this but ... how can we explain that in one common region, some models have access to this functionality and others no ?
if it is really a unique question of local laws and rules this should'nt be available for all models in the same area should'nt it ?
2019-06-15 17:52:33

Advanced Bunny

1611753685 | from Mi Note 3

This is Xiaomi marketing strategy, not related to country regulation or rules.
2019-06-15 19:15:27