In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Tips] Using Mi Body Analyser Smart Scale: Understanding your measurements

2019-06-14 22:41:59
13027 14

Hei MIUI-ers,
Welcome, guys and gals... Ever wonder what a Body Analyser is? Today you get some insight about it. Feeling over weight or less energetic or fatigue. What's going on, with my body? To find out, you need to analyse what goes inside and measure those essential data. Well, the body analyser is thriving all over the world with millions of body analysers or bathroom body fat analyser sold each year, there must be some reasons behind. That's the very reason.

For this guide, I am using Mi Body Analyser Smart Scale aka Mi Scale 2 which is the official name, model no. XMTZC02HM for easy reference, Mi Fit app and a Mi device.

Highlights of Mi Body Analyser Smart Scale:
  • BMI
  • Body Fat
  • Muscle Mass
  • Physique Rating
  • Body Fat Ratio:Muscle
  • Body Water
  • Basal Metabolism
  • Visceral Fat Level
  • Bone Mass
  • Body Weight

What a body analyser can do beside weighing your body?
Generally speaking, the popular body analysers in the market measure at least the stats like body fat, Body Mass Index (BMI). Some of them measure other stats like Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), lean body mass, body water, bone mass etc. To know oneself better, a body analyser with more functions is required.
Knowing those measurements, that the body analyser generated give a great advantage, that is convenience. Further made easy with Mi Fit app combined with our Mi devices instead of having to record our weight manually while body analysers can assist you to record your everyday measurements automatically, and generally syncs your stats with Mi Fit app through Bluetooth.
On the other hand, they give you more reasons and methods to take care of your health and body. Anyway, body analysers do not just give you more stats but a new way of living healthily.

Understanding the Measurements
Mi Body Analyser Smart Scale monitors bring you fast, accurate body composition results using the latest advanced bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) technology. This gives you a true indicator of your inner health and, when monitored over time, can show the impact of any fitness regime or weight loss programme.
So find out exactly what you are made of, set your goals and use Mi Body Analyser Smart Scale to help you achieve your optimal fitness level and improve your health and well-being.

Body Mass Index (BMI)
Body Mass Index (BMI) is an index of weight-for-height that is commonly used to classify underweight, overweight and obesity in adults. Some of our body analyser scales calculate your BMI value for you. The BMI categories shown in the chart and table below are recognised by the WHO (World Health Organisation) and can be used to interpret your BMI value. Your BMI category can be identified using the table on the right.

Image source: Salter

Body Fat
The human body is made up of, amongst other things, a percentage of fat. This is vital for a healthy, functioning body - it cushions joints and protects vital organs, helps regulate body temperature, stores vitamins and helps the body sustain itself when food is scarce. However, too much body fat or indeed too little body fat can be damaging to your health. It is difficult to gauge how much body fat we have in our bodies simply by looking at ourselves in themirror. This is why it is important to measure and monitor your body fat percentage. Body fat percentage gives you a better measure of fitness than weight alone – the composition of your weight loss could mean you are losing muscle mass rather than fat - you could still have a high percentage of fat even when a scale indicates normal weight.

Muscle Mass
According to the American College of Sports Medicine (ASCM), lean muscle mass may decrease by nearly 50 percent between the ages of 20 and 90. If you don’t do anything to replace that loss you’re losing muscle and increasing fat. It is also important to know your muscle mass % during weight reduction. At rest, the body burns approximately 110 additional calories for each kilo of muscle gained. Some advantages of gaining muscle mass include:
  • Reversing the decline in strength, bone density and muscle mass that accompanies age
  • Maintenance of flexible joints
  • Guide weight reduction when combined with a healthy diet.

Physique Rating
Assesses muscle and body fat levels and rates the result as one of nine body types. As your activity level changes, the balance of body fat and muscle mass will gradually change, which in affects your overall physique. The physique rating which our Body Composition Monitors provide give you insight in what body type you currently have.

Image source: Tanita

Body Fat Ratio:Muscle
Your body fat percentage is essential to know when evaluating your health. It divides your total weight in two categories: fat mass and everything else. You need fat to keep you warm and to protect your organs and joints. However, it is not healthy to have too much or too little fat.
If your body fat percentage is too low, your resistance to diseases and energy levels are lower, and you are at at risk of health issues. If your body fat percentage is too high, you have a higher risk of diabetes and other health problems.  
It is therefore important to measure your body fat percentage, and stay in the healthy range.

Body Water
Body water is the single most important component of body weight. It represents over half of your total weight and almost two thirds of your lean body mass (predominantly muscle). Water performs a number of important roles in the body. All the cells in the body, whether in the skin, glands, muscles, brain or anywhere else, can only function properly if they have enough water. Water also plays a vital part in regulating the body’s temperature balance, particularly through perspiration. The combination of your weight and fat measurement could appear to be ‘normal’ but your body hydration level could be insufficient for healthy living.
For those using Athlete Mode: note that athletes may have a lower body fat range and a higher body water range than shown above, depending on their type of sport or activity. Body water measurement results are influenced by the proportion of body fat and muscle. If the proportion of body fat is high, or the proportion of muscle is low then the body water results will tend to be low. It is important to remember that measurements such as body weight, body fat and body water are tools for you to use as part of your healthy lifestyle. As short term fluctuations are normal, we suggest you chart your progress over time, rather than focus on a single days reading.
The Body Water % ranges published are for guidance only. Professional medical guidance should always be sought before embarking on diet and exercise programmes.

Basal Metabolism
Your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is an estimation of the energy (measured in calories) expended by the body, at rest, to maintain normal body functions. This continual work makes up about 60-70% of the calories the body uses, and includes the beating of your heart, respiration, and the maintenance of body temperature.Your BMR is influenced by a number of factors, including age, weight, height, gender, dieting and exercise habits.

Visceral Fat Level

A lean belly leads to a healthier life. When measuring your body fat surrounding the waist, you are actually measuring visceral fat. This is the fat that surrounds your abdominal organs.  It is normal to have some visceral fat; however, a high level of visceral fat can lead to serious health issues.
Compared to ‘normal’ fat, visceral fat is stored deeper in the skin. Visceral fat is wrapped around major organs like the liver, pancreas and your kidney. Visceral fat ensures that there is some distance between each organ. Too much visceral fat creates too much space between the organs. This extra space can lead to an increase in blood pressure, this increases the risk of a hearth attack.
Another problem with visceral fat is its impact on adiponectin or ‘fat hormone’. Adiponectin’s function is to regulate your body fat. Visceral fat inhibits adiponectin. As a result your body produces more fat than you actually need. A high level of visceral fat also influences your insulin sensitivity. Which means that it can lead to type 2 diabetes later in life.

Bone Mass

Bone is a living, growing tissue. During youth, your body makes new bone tissue faster than it breaks down older bone. In young adulthood, bone mass is at its peak; after that, bone loss starts to outpace bone growth, and bone mass decreases. But it's a long and very slow process that can be slowed down even more through calcium-rich diets and weight-bearing exercise.

Who should monitor bone mass?
Most people have no need to monitor bone mass, but certain groups — postmenopausal women, men and women with certain diseases, and anyone who takes medications that affect bone tissue — might want to watch for decreases in bone mass. The bone mass reading is to be used as a guide only. Watch for trends over time and contact your healthcare provider for a more detailed explanation of the readings and with any questions or concerns.

Why should I measure my bone mass?
It's important to measure changes in your bone mass over several years. Try to maintain healthy bones by exercising frequently and consuming a calcium-rich diet.

Image source: Conair

Body Weight
Hop on the snazzy platform for an instant snapshot of your weight, and see your measurements down to precise, 50gram increments for spot-on readings every time.

Mi Fit app Analysis:

Stop losing weight... Really!
If you’re serious about wanting to transform your body and feel great you need to stop thinking about weight and start focusing on body composition. Real change needs a new approach.

What you need to know
Your body is mainly composed of muscle, fat and water. When you exercise more or start deiting, your body composition will change, even if your weight stays the same. This is why:

• As you exercise more, you develop more muscle mass and reduce fat. Your weight might even increase at a certain point, as your muscle mass increases.

• Very low calorie diets may force your body into 'starvation' mode. Storing body fat rather then burning it. So even if you lose weight, your fat ratio will increase.

• Quick-fix, crash dietes may produce speedy results, but the weight loss will be in the form of body water and healthy, lean muscle tissue.

Most of us have dreamed of owning an excellent body shape. But this thought usually does not last long. We may easily give up after weeks or months. And then we get back to our usual routine and eat unhealthy snacks, drinks or exercise little. We do need someone or some tool to keep us reminded. We just need that motivation. So smart body analyser can just be the one that keep reminding us and help us stay on track. Set your time to weigh yourself and find your progress made is really a great motivation that keep us going further.

So much too digest. That's it folks.

Source Source1

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-06-14 22:41:59
Favorites4 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

Seragios | from Redmi 5

Thanks for sharing
2019-06-14 22:43:46

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

well Explained !!
2019-06-15 00:26:54

Beta Team

georan. | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

thanks for sharing
2019-06-15 05:45:17

Master Bunny

ShamOsman | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

A very interesting reading. One really have to understand the whole concept to actually achieve s well balanced body built. With that being said, please don't worry so much if it's hard to get into your desired results, as stress is another factor that can leads to negative impact.
2019-06-15 06:19:37

Grand Master Bunny

$huvo | from Redmi 4

Nice product
2019-06-15 06:37:46

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Nice Article!
2019-06-15 20:39:50
Nice product!!!
2019-06-16 20:41:37

Wizard Bunny

iMKajal | from MI 8

Helpful Thread!
2019-06-18 01:07:06
It's great that something like this can do the work soo quick and on a higher level. However, can this help me to convert lbs to kg? Since this is what I want to do. I want to move from the U.K to the U.S and since they have other measures I need to calculate all the things that I want to transport. UPD. I made some search and found a converter that can help me to convert 60 kg to lbs. It works fine and since it's online, I can do the same job on different devices. I am really greatfull to this guys...
2020-03-25 01:25:34

Super moderator

feds64 Author | from Mi Note 10

It's great that something like this can do the work soo quick and on a higher level. However, can this help me to convert lbs to kg? Since this is what I want to do. I want to move from the U.K to the U.S and since they have other measures I need to calculate all the things that I want to transport. UPD. I made some search and found a converter that can help me to convert 60 kg to lbs. It works fine and since it's online, I can do the same job on different devices. I am really greatfull to this guys...

Yes...just toggle between measurements.
2020-03-25 07:27:43