In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Discussion] Why cheaper Mi phones get more care?

2019-06-13 20:31:19
824 7
The subject is given. What do you think, why Xiaomi pushes the MIUI updates sooner and more frequently to cheap phones which aren't benefit from them fully (dark mode on non-amoled phones) or release the same update 2-3 months after to another device with the same exact bugs? (10.3.1.0)
2019-06-13 20:31:19
Favorites RateRate
Dear Mi Fans,
   None of the cheaper phones has got anymore importance than a flagship. The delay in updates for Mi Mix 3 is due to Android Q beta testing which those cheaper devices might not get, I guess. Also, a flagship is always supported officially for a longer period than any of the cheaper phones. So, please be patient & wait for the update  to be rolled out.
2019-06-19 00:47:26
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
They released update with Widevine L1 support for Pocophone long time ago and still nothing for Mix 3. For some time even RN5 (Global version) had newer security patches than our Mix 3 (I compare dev rom to dev rom).
Mi series always should have higher priority than other - budget - series.
2019-06-13 22:56:34

Semi Pro Bunny

Tsoukis | from MI 9

Not trying to make an argument here but poco team is a standalone and sub brand of xiaomi so that's not a valid example. But yea I believe you are right about that.
2019-06-14 01:32:00
It is very good example. Poco may be sub-brand but still it is Xiaomi and they arent fully independent for sure. On back you can see Pocophone by Xiaomi. Redmi is now sub-brand too, like Poco. However on different countries Redmi K20 will be sold as Mi 9t but I think 2 different teams (Mi and Redmi) arent working for 1 rom for the same device even if it will be sold under different sub-brand.  All of these subbrands are using MIUI (there is only different launcher on Pocophone) so its not excuse to provide better support for cheaper devices.
2019-06-14 03:58:15

Semi Pro Bunny

MajinZERO | from Mi MIX 3

I think they work based on the user base size. Since the cheaper devices are more popular there are more bug reports and complaints from customers. It's sad but it seems to be the reality.
2019-06-14 05:16:41

Master Bunny

ahm.ash | from MI MAX 2

Because it sells more
2019-06-14 07:41:09
Prince26712 replied at 2019-06-18 18:47:26
Dear Mi Fans,
   None of the cheaper phones has got anymore importance than a flagship. The delay in updates for Mi Mix 3 is due to Android Q beta testing which those cheaper devices might not get, I guess. Also, a flagship is always supported officially for a longer period than any of the cheaper phones. So, please be patient & wait for the update  to be rolled out.

Do you have any informations about Widevine L1 support for Mi Mix 3?
2019-06-19 10:05:42