In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Q&A] Settings keeps stopping while trying to Activate Gmail Device Admin App

2019-06-07 11:50:09
2278 5
I want to use office email, calendar and apps in my Redmi Note 7 phone. I enrolled my device with our employer's mobile office platforms and installed 'Intelligent Hub' from Google Playstore.
After the app installations and signon it says Security Update Required:

I click Update now and then I get Activate device admin app? Prompt for Gmail.

I then click Activate this device admin app and I see the prompt : Settings keepsstopping.

Below is the bug report:

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity foundto handle Intent { act=com.miui.securitycenter.action.DEVICE_MANAGER_APPLY }
              atandroid.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:2016)
              at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1677)
              at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:4639)
              at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:4597)
              at com.android.settings.bG.onClick(DeviceAdminAdd.java:372)
              at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:6608)
              at android.view.View.performClickInternal(View.java:6585)
              at android.view.View.access$3100(View.java:785)
              at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:25921)
              at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:873)
              at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
              at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
              at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6806)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
              atcom.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:547)
              at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:873)

P.S. I’ve tried to de-enroll and re-enroll multiple times. I also tried reinstalling the apps multiple times, but it just doesn’t work.

As per the team who support Intelligent Hub app, this issue is with the phone's platform. Can we bring this to concerned Xiaomi team's notice please.
2019-06-07 11:50:09
Favorites1 RateRate
hi i am also having the same problem since morning(18-10-19), i did everything as per google and youtube tutorials but no luck, whenever i tried add secondary GMAIL account in add account the error pop-up is "Settings keeps stopping",
Dear one if you found any solution to this please share me with utmost importance, regards in advance.
2019-10-18 21:53:19

Rookie Bunny

6271982555 | from Mi 9T Pro

I buy my first xiaomi today and i have the same problem. I need to use this app for my work. Never help me. It s a big problem whithout solution 😡😡😡
2019-12-04 04:41:35

Semi Pro Bunny

PvdH | from Redmi Note 7

same issue here. Tried to get company email and can't get it to work nor can the IT folks.
Issue with the phone, I guess for my next phone I'll have to chose a non Miui
2019-12-07 23:49:00

Rookie Bunny

6277913637 | from app

2019-12-27 22:54:20

Rookie Bunny

1702184015 | from app

Plz tell me solution...this problem
2020-06-18 22:01:44