In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 6

[Q&A] Always on display Mi6 shortcut?

2019-06-04 12:13:22
1689 8
I found that shortcut to Always on display in our roms , but seems it doesn't work for me. May be it working on different regions? Did you guy have this option? Did you try it on mi6 or is just so deep covered and we can't use it?

2019-06-04 12:13:22
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Zumbi_ficada | from Redmi S2

O think It would only be enable on MIUI 11...
2019-06-04 17:00:48

Pro Bunny

petarv | from MI 6

always on is only for devices with oled displays. Use it on a device with an lcd display, and your battery will be dead in few hours.
2019-06-04 17:30:33

Master Bunny

mdfkz Author | from MI 6

petarv
always on is only for devices with oled displays. Use it on a device with an lcd display, and your battery will be dead in few hours.

Yes, i know its for Oled displays only , but why is in our rom? I found more useless stuff hidden
2019-06-04 23:26:53

Pro Bunny

alex.verd | from MI 6

mdfkz
Yes, i know its for Oled displays only , but why is in our rom? I found more useless stuff hidden

what kind of useless stuff ?
2019-06-05 10:42:17

Master Bunny

mdfkz Author | from MI 6

alex.verd
what kind of useless stuff ?

Like ''Yellow pages'' for example.. and background services that will never be using.
2019-06-05 10:49:09

Pro Bunny

petarv | from MI 6

mdfkz

presumably because the ROMS for all the different phones Xiaomi produced share a common codebase. It's not like each phone's ROM is developed completely independently from the ROMS for the rest of the phones. You also have Chinese versions of the ROM, then special features in the Global ROMS which target India users, etc. If you consider the Stock ROM being full of junk, then try some of those custom made ROMS based on the China ROM with supposedly all the junk removed
2019-06-05 15:44:51

Master Bunny

mdfkz Author | from MI 6

petarv
presumably because the ROMS for all the different phones Xiaomi produced share a common codebase. It's not like each phone's ROM is developed completely independently from the ROMS for the rest of the phones. You also have Chinese versions of the ROM, then special features in the Global ROMS which target India users, etc. If you consider the Stock ROM being full of junk, then try some of those custom made ROMS based on the China ROM with supposedly all the junk removed

I know all this. But always on display in mi6 rom? Doesnt make sense , and im not sure that is a part of codebase, that doesnt makes sense too
2019-06-05 15:50:38

Master Bunny

Presho | from MI 6

Just to understand what beta means.
2019-06-05 19:52:51