In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tools

[Other] [MIUI Beginner's Guide #3] How To Move Data And Files from First Space to Second Space, Vice-versa?

2019-06-04 13:24:40
1669 45

Greetings Dear Mi Fans,

As we know, Second Space is one of the best features offered by MIUI that allows you to create your private space, right within your phone & it has almost all the functionalities of a new phone. So, we can say that it offers us the joy of Two Phones in a Single Device!

Hope, you've alredy enabled & using Second Space in your phone, if not, please go to Settings & click on Second Space to create. Later  on, Follow all the instructions on the screen to get it created & to make sure that it'll be secured.

After the Second Space is successfully created, you might face a need to access the data already on your phone, but in the First Space. As nobody wants to waste internet data in downloading the files, that are already there in the phone storage. So, now go to SettingsSecond Space & it'll open Second Space Settings for you, where you've to click on Move Data. The Switch Icon on Homescreen marks that you're in Second Space!

In the next screen, tap on Import Contacts, Photos or Files, depending on what  you want to move/copy to Second Space. For example, I want to use some file on my device in Second Space. So, I've selected the option Import Files and it has redirected me to the File Explorer in First Space. Note that It'll ask you for both, First & Second Space Lockscreen Password &/or App Lock Pattern, if you've enabled it earlier.

Now, navigate to the File you wanna move/copy to Second Space & click on OK, at the bottom of the File Explorer screen. It'll then ask you, whether you wanna delete or or keep the data you're moving to Second Space. If you don't want it anymore in First Space then click on delete, else click on Keep and the selected files will be copied to the Second Space.

It is obvious that you might be thinking, "Where could I find these moved files in Second Space?" & you'll be glad to know that moved file is saved in the same location where it was in the First Space. So, go to File Explorer & check out the moved data.

If you wan't to move data from Second Space to First Space then just Select the option to Export Contacts, Photos or Files instead of selecting Import. Rest of the procedure will be same as descibed earlier.

So I hope, now onwards, you'll enjoy your separate & secret space without any concern of data, whether that belong to First Space or the Second Space. That's all for now. See you soon, till then Enjoy MIUIng!

Signing Off,
Prince26712.

Special thanks to @Elaine2046 & MIUI Tools Subforum Management Team!

Rate

Number of participants 7 Experience +70 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-06-04 13:24:40
Favorites28 RateRate

Manjeet dahiya | from Redmi Note 4

Nice work bro, very helpful tips.
2019-06-04 14:01:04

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

nice tips thanks for sharing!!
2019-06-04 21:52:59