In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Phones

Super moderator

TheDuke | from app

Kenny_P
probably because the naming system has often been different for the global market, not quite as drastic as changing the full title but the mi9t will make it more palatable for westerners since we know the mi9. trying to launch a Redmi flagship in Europe probably won't work because most people are now mildly aware of the Xiaomi brand but few know the sub brands, or think of them as totally separate companies

also the mi 9t is a jab at the one plus naming system which Xiaomi like to do

very valid point. Xiaomi are only becoming more we'll know to the masses now, not everyone is so tech savvy, so won't be so aware.
if Xiaomi were a household name then it would be quite easy to have a break away brand.
if a certain American brand or a South Korean brand decided to break out a budget offering under a new name, everyone would be well aware and would be able to distinguish the brand's without confusion.
But for an emerging brand it's not so easy. the UK is a good few years behind China, Russia and India, you could argue even Spain has a more established market than the UK. So trying to attempt to have two brands under one manufacterer at this moment in time would only cause confusion.
it's perfectly normal to have different variants of the same item in different parts of the world.
Car manufacturers do it all over the world.
2019-06-01 19:34:27

Pro Bunny

Sascha | from app

Db181358
All the expectations for the mi9 T is all over the internet but if you browse Banggood or gearbest it remains as K20 Pro... Global version

so far gearbest is only offering screen protectors for K20, not the actual phone.
2019-06-02 17:38:52
Hi there

I'm new to Xiaomi, so apologies for being simple, but as far as I can tell the Mi 9T is the Redmi K20 with the 730 chip, not the pro with the 855.

I'm quite keen on the look of this phone, but don't want to experience slowness coming from a OnePlus 6T.

Can't decide whether to import a K20 Pro via Wonda Mobile if they give us the cheaper chip in the UK.
2019-06-17 16:17:37
Ed_B
Hi there

I'm new to Xiaomi, so apologies for being simple, but as far as I can tell the Mi 9T is the Redmi K20 with the 730 chip, not the pro with the 855.

I don't think you'd see a slowness as the new chipset with the 6gb should mean it's quick, still, to be honest. However, I'm trying to work out if you can add Google services to a non Global ROM version and use NFC and get OTA updates. if you can, and it's not a massive pain in the arse to do so, I'm toying with buying the K20 Pro
2019-06-18 03:08:19

Pro Bunny

Zethazed Author | from app

I don't think you'd see a slowness as the new chipset with the 6gb should mean it's quick, still, to be honest. However, I'm trying to work out if you can add Google services to a non Global ROM version and use NFC and get OTA updates. if you can, and it's not a massive pain in the arse to do so, I'm toying with buying the K20 Pro

you can and it is also very easy. i think you don't even need to unblock the bootloader.
2019-06-18 03:19:39
Zethazed
you can and it is also very easy. i think you don't even need to unblock the bootloader.

thanks for the quick reply! helpful! so you think it would not be a problem to use Google Pay and NFC if I did sideload the Play store onto it?
2019-06-18 04:43:12

Pro Bunny

Zethazed Author | from app

thanks for the quick reply! helpful! so you think it would not be a problem to use Google Pay and NFC if I did sideload the Play store onto it?

i ll suggest you to look on Google if some people have done it already
2019-06-18 05:47:44
It generally is easy to get G play. Some other things CAN be a pain (things like play services), but as long as you've checked a few threads to see that it can be done (and are careful to follow them to a T), you'll be fine.
As for comparing the 730 to an 845, no, you won't get an improvement in performance. It won't be a massive dip, but...
2019-06-18 11:21:33