In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] [ifelixit] Mi Airdots Pro: A Well-balanced Audio Experience

2019-05-30 09:47:39
7316 75

Hei  Mi Fans,
Wassup guys and gals? This time I gonna review the Mi Airdots Pro aka Mi Bluetooth Air. As you all know that Mi flagship series started ditching the 3.5mm jack a few models ago, then you will either need to switch to Bluetooth headphones or use the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter to hook up your audio gear to the device. Well, as for myself, I had been using Airpods eversince and adapting to Airdots is nothing except for sound quality experience.

AirDots uses the concept of TWS, it is seen as the new possibilities that it can achieve or give the experience of a completely or Truly Wireless Earbuds. Now, what is TWS, if you may ask, well, the term TWS or True Wireless Stereo refers to a technology which allows you to pair two audio devices via Bluetooth, meaning that you can transmit the L channel (left) and the channel R (right) separately.

Back then the option was solely Apple Airpods and now we have a great products from Xiaomi, the recently released Mi AirDots Pro. Mi AirDots Pro bass and depth actually give a well balanced audio experience.

Main Features:
● 7mm neodymium iron boron magnetic + titanium-plated diaphragm dynamic ring speaker unit
● ANC active noise reduction
● Lightweight and portable
● Can be paired with iOS and Android devices, including tablets laptops, and mobile phones
● Both the right and left can function freely of each other providing a true hassle-free sound experience
● Remove any single one from the ear and the second one will work in unilateral mode and the two headsets can also be shared between two friends without loss of audio quality

Specification
● General
Function: Answering Phone, Bluetooth, Microphone, Noise Cancelling, Song Switching, Sweatproof, Voice control, Volume Control, Waterproof
Material: Plastic
Type: In-Ear
Wearing type: In-Ear
● Product Details
Compatible with: Mobile phone
Connectivity: Wireless
Charging Time.: 1h
Standby time: 10H
Talk time: 10H
● Extended Function
Bluetooth: Yes
Bluetooth distance: W/O obstacles 10m
Bluetooth mode: Hands free
Bluetooth protocol: A2DP
Bluetooth Version: V4.2
● Battery Information
Battery Capacity(mAh): 100mAh
Battery Type: Built-in

Verdict:
After testing and using it for sometime, I would recommend it for the price you paying as compared to Airpods 2 or Earin M-2. The audio is breathtaking, superbly balanced with fairly accurate highs and lows to the extend of what you paid for. Pairing of the headphone is pretty easy by pressing the earphone casing for 3 sec and opening of the casing lid. The ergonomic in-ear design gives comfort, stability to the ears once tuck in properly into your ear, but for a vigorous activity, I would go with Airpods or Earin. It comes  with an Active Noise Cancellation to reduce extra noise but it doesn't really make a difference on my experience. It is lacking Bluetooth 5.0 but it does supports AAC codec for audio enhancement and other innovative features like touch control which allow you to change music, receive calls and even to use voice assistant eg. light touch twice to receive or hang up a call or to pause or resume, long press for noise cancellation on/off, light touch left twice for voice assistant. On top of that you could share the earpieces with your friends as a monaural headphone when one  earpiece is used and binaural mode when it detects the use of both earpiece via it sensors.

For the price, for the pros and cons, it is well worth it.

Rate

Number of participants 6 Experience +63 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-05-30 09:47:39
Favorites33 RateRate

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

nice review thanks for the share!!
2019-05-30 10:13:22
Nice review... thanks for sharing...
2019-05-30 10:16:03
Wanna have it! Thanks for the awesome review!
2019-05-30 13:25:41

Wizard Bunny

Sampath madurai | from Redmi Note 4

Nice Review thanks for your information
2019-05-30 13:33:21

Wizard Bunny

Manjeet dahiya | from Redmi Note 4

Nice Review
2019-05-30 13:40:02

Wizard Bunny

Prabal@ | from app

wow nice... thanks for sharing