In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Xiaomi

[Rumours] Redmi K20 Pro The Contender for Flapship Killer of 2019! (All You Need To Know!)

2019-05-25 07:07:13
1858 39

Hi Guys,

As we close towards the official launch of the Redmi K20 aka Flagship Killer 2.0 on the 28/05/2019 we all want to know more. And with a steady steam of information the past week from official sources and leaks, we can finally get a good picture before the launch event.

So lets begin with all the lastest updates to bring you up to speed with a phone that has the potential to disrupt the mobile space, hopefully at aggressive pricing combined with specs and design to compel users to move across to the new Redmi brand.

The Redmi K20 is going to come with the 7th Gen UD fingerprint scanner in a Notchless 6.39 inch AMOLED display. The 7th Gen increases the speed of unlock by 10% and 30% under direct sunlight or low temperatures. Yes that right you notch haters out there. No more hating but we will be trading this off for pop up camera haters from now on...

So lets talk about that pop up camera trend that is doing the rounds. Yes it maybe something people may like or dislike, but it does solve a problem with the notch. Rumours report a 20 MP front facing sensor for all you selfie concuse people out there on the social media...

This will be a motorised pop up that come out of the top frame of the phone and testing exceeded 300,000 actions. Thats a 100 selfies a day over 8 years.

Don't think I will be using that often when I get one. More the video call use...

It will be interesting to see this motor tested out by the likes of Jerry Rig and his take on it.

Lets look at the rear camera assembly on the K20. I think by this point in time we now have a very clear picture of the triple camera set up now centered in the middle.

The main camera is to be a 48MP wide len f1.7

The middle camera is a 8MP Telephoto 2x Opitical Zoom f2.4

The bottom camera is a 13MP Ultrawide len f2.4

These camera are paired with Dual LED Flash and you can expect the same camera features as the Mi 9 to be rolled out with this phone. But time will tell you if their is some new camera features being added to MIUI for the release as we have come to expect with top tier releases.

Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro!!

Yes we are now expecting two different variance of the Redmi K20 that will be announced, but there is still confusion to how or when or even if we will see both versions of this phone released globally...

Both phone are the same specs with the only difference being the Redmi K20 will have a Snapdragon 730 as a new leak suggest. These SD700 series chipsets is no snail when it comes to all around performance but hopefully this will bring this phone to a compelling price.

But there is no guarantee if this phone will ever see a global release, but some rumoured have suggested that these two versions are coming to Poland as the Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro. And if that wasn't confusing enough, there is rumours suggesting it will take on the Pocophone F2 branding in India!

If any of these branding or other names are true! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Xiaomi STOP doing this! I understand some of these rebranding are done for business reasons...

But its hard to get a brand identity with all these different names and branding globally...

Lets hope these aren't true and we simply get the keep the Redmi K20 Demon King branding if released globally because its cool and what we come to love with Xiaomi's playfulness in its own chinese way.

The Redmi K20 Pro "Demon King" we are expecting to make all the noise and upset the competition. Providing us with the best Qualcomm can offer with the Snapdragon 855 at the helm.

We have already seen some benchmarks busting 458,754 AnTuTu score which compared to the Mi 9's 371,423 is an astonishing increase in performance and has added some question to whether or not the Redmi K20 Pro has some cooling technology or new storage supporting UFS 3.0?

These leaves some questions that will need to be answered and hopefully give us some surprises.

3.5 mm Headphone Jack is now confirmed with the addition of Hi Res Audio for all you headphone lovers.

Game Turbo 2.0 will provide a increased game experience with option you can choose so your gaming goes undisturbed and increases the phones performance when playing.

DC Dimming has been added to the screens performance and will save some users from eye strain and migraines over the PWM Dimming on OLED screen light management. As a person that does suffer from light sensitivity I wonder if it will make a difference to me.

Yes we finally get NFC included!!

This was a deal breaker for a lot of people when it come to the Pocophone F1 including myself.

We all crave Unlimited Power!!

We can safely say 4000 mAh should keep us covered for a days use.

This will be coupled with supporting 27W Quick Charge 4+

We are not should what power supply will be added to the retail box.

We do know that there might be a custom case Redmi K20 Demon King included in the retail box. There has been t-shirts also flying around the rumour mill. Whether these are pre order exclusives for some regions, we do not know yet.

Now to the must important information!

How much will it cost?

This leak give us a clear pictures on what storage variance and prices will be made available on launch for the Redmi K20 Pro in China. When converted directly into pounds the pricing looks promising to say the least...

K20 Pro 6+64GB 2599 Yuan = £297

K20 Pro 6+128GB 2799 Yuan= £320

K20 Pro 8GB+128GB 2999 Yuan = £343

As to storage options, there was suggestions that there would be a 256GB version. And as for the Redmi K20 SD730 version storage options and pricings, there hasn't been much rumoured shedding light to this yet.

As you can tell I'm hyped for this release...

This design is definitely an improvement if this phone is to supersede the Poco F1.

Are you hyped for more information about the Redmi K20?

What is your opinion on its release and how do you see this all been played out?

Will you be jumping ship to a K20 Pro?

What else have I missed that you know of?

When will we see the K20 release in Europe and what will it be called? Who knows...

What other features would you like to see announced?

Please remember to Comment, Like or Favorite....

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-05-25 07:07:13
Favorites8 RateRate
Great job summing up all of the info out there. Have to say, I'm really hyped for that one, the colour (ok, I'm shallow), the central cams and the overall specs make it a straight buy. Which is a bit of a shame as I just bought a Mi 9 :P
2019-05-25 07:13:46

GunplaMad Author |

Torlyn replied at 2019-05-25 12:13:46
Great job summing up all of the info out there. Have to say, I'm really hyped for that one, the colour (ok, I'm shallow), the central cams and the overall specs make it a straight buy. Which is a bit of a shame as I just bought a Mi 9 :P

Yeah its a shame but at least you will be happy! XD..

I can't wait to see how this rolls out.

Don't think I'll be waiting around.

As soon as there is a global rom release, I'm on it...
2019-05-25 07:18:36

Pro Bunny

Db181358 | from app

I have never heard of this one before (Redmi K20) sounds like a good device by all the specs listed above..
2019-05-25 07:45:24
GunplaMad  replied at 2019-05-25 12:18:36
Yeah its a shame but at least you will be happy! XD..

I can't wait to see how this rolls out.

Yeah, actually tempted to grab one as a dev device, wanted to go back to ROM assembly, that might be a good motivation
2019-05-25 08:06:56

GunplaMad Author | from app

Torlyn
Yeah, actually tempted to grab one as a dev device, wanted to go back to ROM assembly, that might be a good motivation

Yeah I think this will be the one phone for Mods and XDA developers to play with...

You are going to buy it anyway!
2019-05-25 10:31:10

Pro Bunny

tomachas | from app

Did I miss or NFC will not be part of the K20Pro?

2019-05-25 12:34:55

tomachas
Did I miss or NFC will not be part of the K20Pro?

No looks like it will be included after a leak today confirming it.
2019-05-25 12:55:44

2019-05-25 12:56:21
waiting for the launch time..
2019-05-25 13:32:09

Advanced Bunny

Zogg1967 | from app

The name Mi 9 T Pro is ok.  Will be bought.
2019-05-25 16:11:08