In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tools

[Other] [MIUI Beginner's Guide #1] How To Download APKs Of Your Favorite Apps/ MIUI Apps Using Mi App Store?

2019-05-20 21:48:14
7099 110

Greetings Dear Mi Fans,

As long as I know, we all use third party apps like APK Extractor, App Backup & Restore, Android Assistant etc. to extract and backup APK files of the apps we already have installed on our phone. You might be thiking, "why do I need to backup my apps as APK?" and the answer is simple. Everytime, you format/ factory reset your phone or the app is not working properly after updating, you need to search and download/ re-download the app either from Play Store, Mi App Store or from the websites such as APK mirror, APK pure etc. sharing APK files for the apps, which consumes lots of your valuable Internet data unnecessarily. But, if you already have APK for your apps then the wastage of data can be avoided.

To download APKs, you don't need any third party app, but Mi App Store will do it for you, without any additinal Internet data consumption. For that you just have to follow steps as follows:
1. Open the Mi App Store.

2. The default screen will be Recommended apps with some options like Coins, Games & Tools at the bottom. Click on the Tools option, which will open a Tools page for you.

3. In the Tools page, click on the Settings icon, at the top right corner.

4. In the Settings menu, search and disable the option, "Delete Package: Delete The Package after Installing".

Now, it's done. Everytime you Download/ Update your apps using Mi App Store, the APK files of the apps will be stored on your phone.

To access the downloaded APK files:

1. open up the File Manager/ Explorer app.

2. Open AndroidData folder, locate & open 'com.xiaomi.mipicks' folder.

3. Click on Files folder & then, open APK folder which contains all the APKs of the apps you've downloaded or updated using Mi App Store.

Hope, now onwards, you won't need any third party app to keep backup of apps in the form of APK files. It's  all for now. See you with some other interesting topic in the next tutorial of the MIUI Beginner's Series. Till then enjoy MIUIng.

Note: Please, feel free to give your opinions, feedback & topic sugestions, if any, in the reply.

Signing off,
Prince26712

Special Thanks to @Elaine2046 & MIUI Tools Subforum Management Team.

Rate

Number of participants 15 Experience +179 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-05-20 21:48:14
Favorites57 RateRate

Manjeet dahiya | from Redmi Note 4X

Very nice thread. Thanks
2019-05-20 22:32:47

Super moderator

AP1972 | from MI 8

Awesome
Thanks for sharing.
2019-05-20 23:03:22
Awesome thread, thanks for sharing!
2019-05-21 00:18:01
Thanks For Sharing..  Nice Thread
2019-05-21 01:43:15

MIUI Beta Team

Semi Pro Bunny

Aj_okay | from app

this method only makes a backup of the program not the data am I right?
2019-05-21 01:49:19

Super moderator

Prince26712 Author | from Redmi Note 3

Aj_okay
this method only makes a backup of the program not the data am I right?

Yes, exactly.
2019-05-21 01:58:34
Super Moderator: Mi Mix 3, Redmi Y/S Series, MIUI Tools

Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
Thanks For Sharing..
2019-05-21 01:59:04

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

nice article thanks for sharing
2019-05-21 02:18:15

Beta Team-Global

Animesh Singh | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

informative, Thanks for sharing
2019-05-21 02:18:30

Pro Bunny

FromHeaven | from Redmi Note 3