In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[Best of App] [Mi App Showdown] BAND vs DISCORD - Battle of Best Group Chat

2019-05-16 11:58:10
1706 52

Hi Mi Community members,

How are you? I hope you all are fine. Our Mi Resources Team always focuses on sharing the best quality apps to our fellow Mi Community members. In addition to our weekly collection and AppTrend, we bring you a new series - App Showdown. In this series we will compare two apps and give you a detailed analysis of the comparison.

In this series we will discuss group chat app for Android. We knew that there area lot of chat applications such as Whatsapp, Telegram, Line and many more. But, today we will talking about Band and Discord. Did you familiar with both app? In the end of App Showdown thread, you can choose to join #TeamBAND or #TeamDISCORD   

BAND - App for all groups

BAND was first released in August 2012, developed by NAVER Corp. Maybe some people haven’t familiar with this app. But, believe me this application is very useful, especially if you have a big group chat. BAND will make you easily to organize your group! This app is very popular in Korea.

Speak of features, in BAND you will get a lot useful features like the Community Board, Polls, To-Do Lists, Shared Calendar, Private Chat and many more. This app will suitable for sport team, school groups, gaming group, works/projects and even family.
In BAND, we can do a lot activities. Not only chatting but also share files, photo, video, tracking and plan our activity with Calendar, send notification to all group members about new event and more.

BAND has became the Official Team Communication App for Varsity Spirit, AYSO, US Bands, and Legacy Global Sports. BAND is great application and can be used on any device (smartphone, desktop, tablet).

DISCORD - Chat for gamers

I believe that a lot of member in this community more familiar Discord than BAND. Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital distribution platform designed for video gaming communities, that specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between users in a chat channel – wikipedia. User also can easily access discord from desktop, iOS and Android.

Discord was launched to public 4 years ago, on 2015 by Discord Inc. (Originally Hammer And Chisel).
Discord is very popular in gamers community, a lot of people called it “Chat app for gamers”. And yes, Discord is the best cross-platform chat app for text, video, and voice communications designed specifically for gamers. Discord used by over 250 million gamers around the world. They (gamers) can talk in real-time while playing games on their device.

COMPARISON TABLE

Have recommendation to the next App Showdown thread?
Write on comment or send me PM!

So, which team are you?
#TeamBAND or #TeamDISCORD

Single Poll thread Total 81 Users Voted

28.4% (23)

71.6% (58)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 12 Experience +148 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-05-16 11:58:10
Favorites9 RateRate

Master Bunny

frost_dragneel | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

#TeamDISCORD forever
2019-05-16 12:15:13

Super moderator

abhijitdevnath | from Redmi 6A

let me try band first:)
2019-05-16 12:34:43
      Love Your Enemies, for They Tell Your Faults

Please use reply button to notify

Device team

$huvo | from Redmi 4

Didn't know any of them
2019-05-16 13:01:44

Beta Team-Global

jagdevkumhar | from Redmi 6 Pro

i like Discord
2019-05-16 13:39:25
jagdev

Pro Bunny

BikerZonderBike | from app

Band, very nice to use!
2019-05-16 18:08:34

Advanced Bunny

Skykristal | from Mi MIX 3

I never used Band,  haven't even heard about it until now. I use Discord and I'm pretty happy with it.
2019-05-16 22:27:34

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

I will try band first  
2019-05-16 22:34:01

Master Bunny

I'm Azman | from Mi MIX 2S

great comparison. thanks btw
2019-05-16 22:45:20

Master Bunny

iamumesh | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Discord is best!