In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi 6/6A/Pro

[Q&A] MIUI Global 10.3 Stable with root: removed system app comes back automatically

2019-05-15 22:49:52
886 1
I have a recently purchased a Redmi 6 that has received OTA the MIUI Global 10.3 Stable 10.3.2.0 (OCGMIXM), Android 8.1.0 O11019 patchlevel 2019-03-01. After installing TWRP and Magisk 19.1 I tried to delete some Xiaomi system apps, but that doesn't work: after a reboot the removed app is back in place!

I tried for example with Mi Videoplayer, these are my findings:

• I delete the app via adb shell, after mount -o remount,rw /system I remove the folders /system/app/MiuiVideoPlayer/ and /data/data/com.miui.videoplayer/ The folders are gone, but they reappear intact after the reboot.
  • I try to add a file to the /system/app/MiuiVideoPlayer/ directory, after a reboot the added file has disappeared.
  • I tried to delete the app with Titanium Backup, using root permissions: after the reboot the app returns in place.

It seems incredible to me that such behavior has not already been noticed and analyzed by anyone, but I can't find any documentation about it.

P.S. to hide some bloatware I have for now used the pm disable package method, which seems to work and resists to reboot.
2019-05-15 22:49:52
Favorites RateRate
Same here.
Redmi note 5 pro. If uninstall system app, it automatically reinstall after reboot.
2019-10-08 15:31:58