In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-topic] [Mi Bunny Asks #03] Do You Use An External Controller While Playing Mobile Games?

2019-04-30 05:09:23
3639 211
Hello Mi Fans,

Last year, it was confirmed that Google had brought with it one more important change to Android 9.0 Pie. It's a subtle tweak, but the Xbox One controller, the ones equipped with Bluetooth, are now better supported on the mobile platform. Up to this point, while those controllers could technically connect to handsets, some games would have trouble with correct button mapping. And if your buttons on the controller don't work as they should, that can lead to some pretty frustrating gaming sessions.

With that fix came reports on the same day that one of the most popular mobile games out there, Fortnite Battle Royale, would probably be getting support for Bluetooth controllers at some point in the near future as well. That's probably good news for quite a few people out there, simply because the touchscreen controls --like most in-depth shooters of Fortnite's caliber-- aren't the best.

But, developers are getting better at making touchscreen controls not awful. Sure, it's not the best possible experience in my opinion, but when you're trying to play games on your phone while you're out and about, they're probably the best we can expect. Besides, the touch controls in FBR, and even titles like Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Mobile (PUBG Mobile), really aren't that bad at all.

It's nice to have that controller support, though. So maybe bringing a small controller around isn't that crazy.

What about a gamepad, though? These are the accessories that attach directly to the phone, usually with a physical connection (via USB-C or Lightning). You hold the phone in landscape and have the D-pad on the left side and buttons on the right side. Some of them even have shoulder buttons. Sure, it's still another accessory you have to carry around, but if you're serious about mobile gaming, at least you've got the buttons right there on the phone itself, and you don't have to worry about holding the phone on your lap or something else like that.

Is controller support a requirement for you these days? Do you simply prefer to play games on your phone or tablet without having to rely on touchscreen controls? Let us know in the comments section!

Do You Use An External Controller While Playing Mobile Games?

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +51 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-30 05:09:23
Favorites71 RateRate

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

yes some time .......
2019-04-30 07:41:13

Master Bunny

bhert01 | from Redmi Note 7

sometimes..
2019-04-30 08:12:12

Device team

$huvo | from Redmi 4

No, I don't have any external controllers
2019-04-30 09:51:37

Beta Team-Global

georan. | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

No i don't use external controls
2019-04-30 11:08:14
I only use the touchscreen. I don't use external controllers.
2019-04-30 11:43:49
External controller always if possible!
2019-04-30 13:38:48

Resource Team

IamHorlar | from app

Yes I use when compatible with the game am playing
2019-04-30 13:58:19

Mi French Team

M1K4_3L | from MI 9

Depending of the games but yes something with Mi pad Gaming
2019-04-30 20:34:10
SNOC XUA TROM