In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

[Tips & Tutorials] How to Remove Bloatware from MIUI without Root or Unlocking Bootloader or CMD

2019-03-18 15:02:56
27594 8
This post was edited by YashMistry at 12:35, Mar-18-2019

Whenever you purchase a new Xiaomi device, you get a ton of bloatware installed on your device and admit it you want to uninstall them but some apps you cannot because there is no uninstall button in app management settings. You might think it will require the root access or bootloader unlocked to remove bloatware and you take back steps.
Well, it is easy to remove bloatware from MIUI. And there is no need of Root, Unlocked Bootloader and even no need to use command prompt on your computer. Because there is another method where you have to give some commands using ADB tools to remove bloatware. So, the method is pretty simple. Make sure you follow steps correctly.\
Uninstall Bloatware from MIUI

01. First things first, enable developer options on your Android.
Go to Settings -> About phone -> Tap 7 times on 'MIUI version'. You will get a message of You are now a developer!

02. Enable USB Debugging in Developer options.
Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on USB Debugging.

03. Download JAVA SE Development Kit on your computer.
  • Go to the development kit download page.
  • Download according to your system. For Windows, Linux or MacOS. Make sure you have to download .exe file instead of .ZIP file in case of Windows.
  • Now, complete the installation process on your computer.

04. Download the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot tool.
  • Click onto this link to go on ADB/Fastboot tool download page.
  • Download the file having an extension .jar.

05. Once downloaded, open that .jar file. If your computer asks a dialogue box that might show you software to choose to open that file, then select the Java SE Development software. You should get the following screen after it opened.

06. Connect your device using a USB cable. You will get a pop-up on your device screen asking for authorization. Just tap on ok.
It will automatically detect your device and show you the list of applications installed.

07. Just select the applications you want to uninstall and click on the Uninstall button located below. It will uninstall apps from MIUI.

Hope you loved it. If so, let me know what do you think in the comment section below.

Source: http://www.right-brothers.net/how-to-remove-bloatware-from-miui-no-need-of-command-prompt-root-unlocked-bootloader/

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +3 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-03-18 15:02:56
Favorites14 RateRate
Nice information.
2019-03-22 01:59:14
Selalu Percaya Bahwa Sesuatu Yang Indah Akan Terjadi !!!

Semi Pro Bunny

Sujit Rai | from app

Will this work on k20 pro??
And is this safe?
2019-10-02 23:02:12
Thanks.
I finally managed to remove garbage from my phone after failing to unlock and root!

Some apps did not show up - FB, Netflix, Mi Forum, which I had to uninstall manually.
2019-11-18 00:18:50
.: Everything Balances :.
Useful. Thank you. :-)
2019-11-18 01:42:05

Advanced Bunny

LoneWolfMacedonia | from Redmi 7A

is this the same way we can uninstall the garbage google forces us to have on any android phones?
2019-11-19 04:15:54
Nice post... I will definitely try it on my phone.
2019-11-19 12:58:46

Advanced Bunny

zoaki69 | from Mi 9T Pro

good work,thanks
2019-11-19 15:21:52

Rookie Bunny

1514520556 | from MI 5X

May I delete any app that lead to a brick of my device or unable to function properly. If so then can anyone suggest how to backup full device in current state.
2020-06-01 17:47:39