In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tools

[File Manager] hidden file missing

2018-08-20 18:47:27
9281 16

Rookie Bunny

PaperCuts | from mobile

Prince26712
Dear Mi Fan,
   On folders screen, swipe down & you'll be asked for a Privacy Protection Password. If you've set it earlier, then type correctly else, set the new one. But, you can't access hidden files without putting the Privacy Protection Password.

Youre only showing how to open the HIDDEN FILES FOLDER. But the reall problem here is the Contents/Files in the HIDDEN FILES FOLDER are missing or deleted by miui in some way.

I have Mi 9T and im in shook to finding out my files were gone. I was about to transfer them from my mobile to my pc. But sadly, for some unknown reason those files/data were gone.

Very disappointed MI User here.
2020-10-05 19:03:07

Rookie Bunny

PaperCuts | from mobile

Dev0x
My hidden files is missing. It was automatically deleted by phone. My phone is Mi 9T. I didn't find the .safebox

same thing happened on my phone. I tried looking every folders buy didnt find my files

BTW: The comment above only telling us how to show hidden foldet and not restoring the "missing hidden (datas)".
2020-10-05 19:04:56

Rookie Bunny

6462399915 | from app

same goes with me..using poco X3 pro
2021-08-30 14:47:14

Rookie Bunny

gka4 | from app

Same issue here, all my hidden files have been deleted for some reason. Absolutely disappointing, Xiaomi! THUMBS DOWN!!!
2021-09-18 16:46:54
Buonasera
Avrei il problema opposto; ovvero come spostare cartelle da private a normale, ovvero visisbili ? dopo aver accesso alle cartelle private vorrei renderle visibili ma quando provo a spostare poi non vado avanti. avete qualche consuglio utile? Grazie
2021-09-20 02:28:37
Claude[

Rookie Bunny

1621640139 | from mobile

PaperCuts
Youre only showing how to open the HIDDEN FILES FOLDER. But the reall problem here is the Contents/Files in the HIDDEN FILES FOLDER are missing or deleted by miui in some way.

I have Mi 9T and im in shook to finding out my files were gone. I was about to transfer them from my mobile to my pc. But sadly, for some unknown reason those files/data were gone.

I'm also facing the same and it's very disgusting and frustrating at the same time. I had some of her pictures left which were my reason to live in this cruel world are completely gone and I'm empty handed right now. :)
Thank you Xiaomi, your shitty codes ripped my life
2021-11-15 15:54:41