In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Photography

[Other] [MIUI Photography Team](Mis)Using Edit Function

2016-06-09 12:41:31
1060 2
This post was edited by Ainulindale at 00:41, Jun-10-2016

I stronly believe that everyone knows this situation:

Thanks to digital photography none will think alot before capturing a scene. A short view on the screen with the picture leads to a feeling that another angle of view, another adjusting of the manual settings or using another mode would make the picture more interesting. So you will do that. The problem is, that you realize there are two or more versions of one scene.

I, for myself, even encourage you to do so. You cannot rely on the display regardless of your device in changing conditions. Strong solar radiation will make the look on the screen different than cloudy weather. Don't forget, that pictures will look different on Computer Monitor or TV. They can look better, but they also could look worse. Some pictures could get blurry, despite the really good hardware modern smartphones provides. So, two clicks don't hurt. That's what I learned in the years with my photography.

Back to topic:

So, what to do with this duplicates?

I for myself will delete real duplicates. I will look which of them is the better one. Even when they not real duplicates, e.g. same scene from different views. People will not observe concentrated your pictures when every three or four are the same subject, even from another view. I always try to avoid this. At least I won't post them in the same thread. After some time I usually browse through the pictures stored on my phone and delete merciless.

But say, there are some nice pictures I never posted but they got very similar subjects?

This is the point where edit function comes on stage. Here are some samples of older pictures I rejected until now. I will post them without further comment, if you want to know more, kindly drop some lines and I will provide a more close look to the different functions avialable. As usual, all of the pictures are captured by myself and my MI Note Pro. Enjoy!

Please also visit my previous threads:

2016-06-09 12:41:31
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Kousik Barik | from mobile

Nice..
2016-06-10 08:37:01

Mohamed_Ahmed | from app

Beautiful    .
2017-12-17 01:18:37