In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Other] Android L is coming to Xiaomi devices, says Hugo Barra

2014-10-27 14:14:49
1457 11
This post was edited by cisco86 at 21:09, Oct-27-2014

One after other day for Xiaomi and this time, the company’s head, Hugo Barra, has given some pain breaker answers against various question asked in an interview with "Digit India". Starting by the affection they have towards Flipkart in India, covering various questions about the Mi3 massacre and then, following up with some questions regarding the further plans of Xiaomi. The main reason behind the delay of Mi4 in Indian market is the different FDD-LTE version that is only supported in India. The one that is launched in China uses some different LTE band. So in India, that variant will support 3G only network, but they are aiming for 4G/LTE. In India, we do have Airtel’s LTE network across various metro cities.
Now, the most important question that Digit guys went for was the future support of Android L for Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4 and Redmi 1S. The answer given by the Xiaomi Vice President of international affairs now becomes a good news for us.
Q)Last few questions, Xiaomi is known to be a little slow with Android updates. So could we get a timeline for when the Android L update will come?
We don’t have a timeline for L at the moment. We don’t even have access to the codebase, no one does. But of course the plan is to bring it as soon as possible.
Q)But it will be coming to all the three devices that have been announced right now?
That’s the plan, yes. But I can’t give you a specific date yet.
Without giving any timeline for the Android L roll out, they confirmed that we will get Android L on our Xiaomi devices. This news will definitely gonna add some more Android lovers in the registration list of our Mi.
{:m006:}So..! Are you Guys Happy Now...?{:m006:}

2014-10-27 14:14:49
Favorites RateRate
Waiting for it on my Redmi 1s.
2014-10-27 18:31:07

Rookie Bunny

buttwaris Author |

Respected cisco86:- this is not any copy paste sir. i have gone through the news thats why created a valid thread here. Here is the link to the main source. You can yourself check it. If found not helpful you can delete my thread. http://www.digit.in/mobile-phone ... and-more-23515.html
go through the whole interview. Last question posed was about Android L.
2014-10-27 20:40:11
I'm waiting for my Mi3
2014-10-27 21:51:46
Great notice.
2014-10-27 22:04:29

Rookie Bunny

468396280 | from mobile

I'll wait for this.. new lolipop the up to date euth the notif :)
2014-10-28 18:57:41
What about MiPad?
2014-10-30 02:06:26
waiting for my redmi 1S
2014-10-30 11:56:23