In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[News] Gmail for Android could become a hub for all your email accounts

2014-10-20 09:31:27
973 2
Gmail for Android could become a hub for all your email accounts

A leaked video spotted by Android Police appears to show sweeping changes for Gmail 5.0 on Android, including integration with Yahoo, Microsoft and other email services. We say "appears," because the strangely formatted video came from an anonymous user on a little-known upload site. Still, it looks like a genuine preview of the app, and at least one of the users in the video is an actual Google marketing employee. That out of the way, what does it show? The juiciest new feature is third-party email integration, with support for Yahoo, Hotmail and others just a swipe away. Gmail has always supported POP3 accounts, but the new feature would let many users dump their other email apps. Otherwise, we see a wholesale design change to Android 5's Material look, with new icons, colors and more. Check the video below or the source, but in this case we'd advise a pinch of skepticism -- sometimes these things don't pan out.

Source: Engadget

2014-10-20 09:31:27
Favorites RateRate
I am using both gmail and outlook app on my phone. The thing I like about outlook is that it uses push rather than sync, I don't really like the app's responsiveness. On the other hand, because I don't normally on my sync option, I have to manually go to gmail app to refresh to see if I have new emails. However, I do love how gmail app works. It's really tough, even though I am happy to hear about this news, it's still hard to decide if I would go with all-in-one.
2014-10-20 11:11:47
Nice one !!, no need mutiple Apps for different email a/c's
2014-11-05 03:31:15