In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Israel

[Chat] Discussions on Mi Pad using Nvidia Tegra K1

2014-05-24 05:43:54
1500 4
Hello guys, since lurking at the forums haven't seen people discussing about Mi Pad processor using the Tegra K1 which will be neglected by Nvidia themselves the link.

My take on these will be definitely hinders development on the Mi Pad. Like you guyz, i already saving my money and ready myself to buying the Mi Pad but latest news regarding the Nvidia leaving the smartphone really got me worries on the lifespan of this tablet . Since nvidia is very much secretive on their source code, you can probably says good bye to the Mi Pad once nvidia pull the plug on the K1. Look at the Galaxy Nexus for an excellent example of how open source keeps the phone alive up till this day even with android Kit Kat.

What i'm trying to say here that will nvida latest announcement will hurt the Mi Pad upcoming updates? Or Xiaomi already have the guarantee from Nvidia that they will keep the source code on the tegra K1 up to date till let says 2 year at least? What do you guys think?
2014-05-24 05:43:54
Favorites RateRate
NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has already confirmed that they will not disappear from the scene overnight.

However, it is kinda disturbing to hear that Nvidia

At the end of the day, I feel that it's the apps that decide if a platform succeeds. Tegra's games are aimed at a limited audience. Little wonder why they are struggling and looking to exit the market.
2014-05-24 08:27:32
That's terrible if what you suspected comes true.
2014-05-25 03:05:11

Rookie Bunny

326648893 Author |

Although Nvidia said that they won't dissappear from the scene in over night, you have to take account on also the proprietary nature of their source code. Without the source code, devs can't do a thing to support the device.

Another issue regarding the apps though, have read somewhere that the reason why developers don't do apps for nvidia is because not a lot of device on the market that uses those nvidia chipset though. Less devices, less market. If your an app developer, clearly you'll be targeting the mainstream market which is adreno atm.
2014-05-25 17:48:02
{:4_125:}Great SOC but lack of 3G and GPS feature, hopefully Xiaomi can consider this great specification..
2014-05-29 21:20:56