In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] [Spud's Top Tips #10] Google Lens

2019-04-21 05:57:02
1446 19
Hi Mi fans

At long last the Mi Mix 3 has received the Google Lens update

What is Google Lens?

However you choose to describe it, Google Lens can perform some cool tricks. Let's take a look at the best of them, starting with how to actually use the feature.

Open your camera app and tap the 3 lines in the top right corner there you can see some cool features one of them is Google Lens

So what can Google Lens do?

1. Judge a book by its cover

Simply scan the cover of a book and Google Lens will tell you everything you need to know, Snapping a photo of a book jacket is definitely faster than typing the book title into a search field.

2. Scan business cards to your address book
Remember business cards? Turns out they're still a thing. And if you're regularly on the receiving end of them, you'll appreciate Lens' ability to scan a card and turn the data into a new address-book entry.

3.  Take a self-guided architecture tour
Want to know more about a building? Or a landmark? During a recent visit to Wolverhampton , I found myself curious about many of that city's architectural marvels.
With Google Lens, you just snap a photo and presto! You've got details. And it's a two-birds-one-stone kind of thing, because you're creating a photo archive of your visit at the same time you're learning about what you're visiting.Oh, and if you happen to stop off in a museum, Lens can also provide information about paintings. Not all of them, but certainly the more famous ones

4. Become a botanist

What kind of tree is that? What kind of flower? The botanically curious no longer have to wonder: Google Lens can identify many, if not most, flora. It works on fauna, too, so the next time you take your kids to the zoo and they want to know more about, say, the lizards in the reptile house, put Lens to work.

5. Add events to your calendar
So you're walking around town when you spot a flyer for an upcoming concert, farmers' market, 5K run or the like. You snap a photo so you've recorded all the details. And then you promptly forget about it.With Google Lens, you can automatically add that event to your calendar. After it scans a flyer, you should see a variety of options for acting on the various data: Chrome (for a URL), Maps (for the address) and, of course, Calendar if there's a date and time.

6. Read reviews of restaurants
Not sure if that dive-bar is hip and trendy or just a dive? Point Lens at it -- just as you can get information about buildings, you can jump right to reviews of restaurants and other retail spots.Bottom line: If there's a physical object out in the world, Google Lens may be able to help you find information about it -- and perhaps even act on that information.

7. Copy text from the real
  Lens added an AR twist to the old document-scan feature: Instead of capturing a photo of, say, a magazine page and then running optical character recognition on it, Lens can now capture text in real time.In other words, point your camera at some text and you can immediately copy that text to your phone's clipboard. You can also run a search on it or, if it's in a foreign language, translate it.

Hope this has enlightened some of you lovely people out there

Don't forget to Follow me at the top of the thread

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +2 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-21 05:57:02
Favorites14 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

BJW33 | from app

some great tips. thanks
2019-04-21 18:38:23
I wish this worked on the Redmi Note 6 Pro - unfortunately it fails to install from the play store on the current beta ☹️
2019-04-22 14:49:29

News Reporter

spud77 Author | from app

1881879205 vausey
I wish this worked on the Redmi Note 6 Pro - unfortunately it fails to install from the play store o ...

It wasn't compatible on my mi mix 3 and then one day last week it just appeared on my main screen and it was baked into my camera app
2019-04-22 15:39:00

Semi Pro Bunny

shingpkp | from app

thank you. I know about Google lens but never really use it. maybe I will have a reason to try it. Btw it found my mi band 3
2019-04-23 00:01:27

Master Bunny

Andrea3777 | from app

Super interesting.
Thanks!
2019-04-23 01:08:56

Advanced Bunny

Zogg1967 | from app

Thank you, very helpful.
2019-04-23 01:59:02

Advanced Bunny

Zogg1967 | from app

but yes, not working with my Mi Mix 3 too
2019-04-23 02:06:35
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #8

Semi Pro Bunny

KP Mobile | from app

good info..
2019-04-23 02:19:50
KP Mobile

News Reporter

spud77 Author | from app

Zogg1967
but yes, not working with my Mi Mix 3 too

Have you tried going to settings and scroll down to system app settings and see if there is an update for camera
2019-04-23 02:43:10