In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[Tech Wednesday] [Tech Wednesday #2] Transparent Folding Smartphones: Interesting OR Weird ?

2019-04-17 02:23:44
1387 58

Greetings Everyone,

Welcome to yet another episode of Tech Wednesday !

From the very start of 2019, we knew that the year would bring a new innovation to the world of smartphones, i.e. the "foldable phones". We have seen OEMs showcasing their innovations with launch of Samsung's Galaxy Fold & Huawei's Mate X.

Now, recently LG has upped the game by filing a patent for a Transparent Foldable Phone.

The Concept

The patent describes a handset that has a flexible screen, on both the front and back. When it’s “closed,” the size is comparable to a normal smartphone, and when it unfolds you can see extremely narrow screen edges, with the whole thing opening to the size of a tablet like Samsung’s Galaxy Fold.

Talking about the design,  LG seems to have also tried to go out of its way to make this design as technically complicated as it can. As envisioned, for example, this phone would have touch input via both the front and back, in other words no matter how you hold the phone. It has a portion of the body opaque for housing the battery.

When open, the two screens can be used as one large one, displaying the same content, or independently, so you could have different apps running on each. The level of transparency can vary depending on how you hold the phone. If you sit it flat then it’s only slightly see-through, but held up higher it becomes more so.

What Are Your Thoughts On Such Smartphones ? Would You Buy Them ??

Source: BGR | The Verge | TechRadar

Previous Chapters:

Regards,
sagarplay

Single Poll thread Total 77 Users Voted

37.66% (29)

62.34% (48)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 8 Experience +94 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-17 02:23:44
Favorites10 RateRate

Master Bunny

tZe_vitamin | from Redmi Note 7

It's Just too wierd for me.
I dont even like that whole concept.
I have my N7 as daily driver and if I want tablet I will buy it..and have it at home for watching movies or games..
Its not worth that so much money to give for some still developing concept. maybe later ,if they make it better then this is now..
better have phone and tablet then this folding phone..
2019-04-17 03:01:09

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

thanks for sharing
2019-04-17 03:08:06
Tech Explorer
I'll buy the transparent folding phone
2019-04-17 03:17:49

Wizard Bunny

hackersb | from app

I prefer normal phone
2019-04-17 03:27:25
I they they are interesting but weird too as they are huge in size but not comfortable for everyone.

2019-04-17 03:53:24

Grand Master Bunny

Xymoxx | from MI MAX 2

Weird, but it's just like in the movies.
2019-04-17 03:59:10
I would not buy a folding phone. The "normal" is good for me.
The size is so big, I won't carry that with me.
2019-04-17 03:59:34

Rookie Bunny

Manav Aherwar | from mobile

Very nice i like it
2019-04-17 04:13:30

Master Bunny

Md. Lutfor Rahman | from Redmi Note 4

wired non durable technology
2019-04-17 04:50:23
Md. Lutfor Rahman
Professional Electronics and Electrical Engineer

Beta Team-Global