In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi 7

Rookie Bunny

6182174049 Author | from Redmi Note 7

Is this problem happens still? I’m planing to buy one for the event in this November. Is it okay if I be more careful not to touch the split bar in the middle? Is there any other problems? Cheers

Yup i tried it today it is still doing the blackscreen of death.. if you want to buy just buy it, just avoid pressing the divider thingy. oh additional problem that I've encountered, while doing raid and need to rejoin, you need to adjust the screen so you can press the rejoin button and adjust it back...
2019-08-30 00:24:46
So from my testings, this is probably a Firmware issue or a Hardware issue.
I have flashed couple of other OS, like LineageOS, Pixel Experience etc.

They all have the same issue.
Secondly, beside the oiginal OS, opensource OS do not support splitscreen and mutli-threading.
You can run split screen on opensource OS, though only one instance will be active at a time.
2019-09-27 14:37:45