In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Discussion] Google camera hal3

2019-04-13 07:18:30
597 5
Can anyone give confirmation if on China roms (betas) is really possible to use Google cam now, without extra steps?
Also have read recent news that future miui versions will have it enabled by default.

2019-04-13 07:18:30
Favorites RateRate
Nope, you still need to unlock the bootoader to enable camera 2 api. For newer phones like redmi note 7 camera 2 api is activated by default
2019-04-13 07:33:12

Pro Bunny

SandStorm_RS Author | from Redmi Note 5

Nope, you still need to unlock the bootoader to enable camera 2 api. For newer phones like redmi not ...

Thanks for clarifying it :)
2019-04-13 07:34:21
i can confirm that my thread regarding c2api and gcam was deleted with excuse that it was a duplicate, which is not true (i checked before posting). it was first of its kind in our new mi community forum, but it got too much support from the members.

i guess that opinions are pleads are now getting blocked and deleted instead of being answered by officials. pity.
now i am definitely finished with this chinese "brand" and its anti-democratic politics.

anyway, it was the answer that i wanted, too.
we will definitely never get full manual mode or c2api enabled. we must void warranties if we want what cheaper phones were given and that is what i will do tomorrow.

if we don't, we will still have world's first ai phone without ai and "camera beast" that can't be controled by default. gj marketing. u lost me.

2019-04-14 18:12:15

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 | from Redmi Note 5

polarni9
i can confirm that my thread regarding c2api and gcam was deleted with excuse that it was a duplicat ...

Maybe post in the correct category. And democracy is for states, not for consumer products.
I'm glad the mods will be harder here than in the forum, and we're just going off topic again, so end of my reply here, the topic is Google camera.
2019-04-15 12:26:56
Marcos1809 replied at 2019-04-15 18:26:56
Maybe post in the correct category. And democracy is for states, not for consumer products.
I'm gl ...

i took care of everything. i don't just post whatever and wherever. post was deleted as being a duplicate, without any similar one at that moment in RN5 sub-forum.

also, i'm not saying that company or a forum has to be democratic. i'm just saying that it isn't.

i do agree that moderators should be more strict, but in the right places. for example, i'm glad to see that threads in the photography section that have just 1 picture are not going to survive. i was sick of opening threads to see one lousy picture.

and yes, this is going off-topic, but just because i can't talk about deleted post in itself (because it was deleted, ofc). XD
2019-04-15 19:35:30