Ringtone Section Specific Rules & Guidelines
1. English as the main language of communication
• We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try.
• If you’re really unable to post in English, please use an online translator - Google Translator.
• You are free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.(This covers your posts, profile entries and signature).
2. Search before posting
• Use the search functions before posting or creating thread, whether you have a question or something new to share. It’s very likely someone already asked that question or shared that ringtone.
• Users should post content that is directed to the Ringtones forum section, including various genres of music.
• All questions about Ringtones should be posted under specific Ringtones thread.
3. Do not spam messages
• You are free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better.
• Not everyone is online at the same time, it might take a while before you receive an answer.
• While posting a Ringtone thread, MP3 format is preferred for Ringtones.
• If you have other music format, you can use any music converter app, such as Freemake.
• There should be No Metadata in ringtones.
• Minimum Ringtones for posting in a thread is 5 for Normal Members & 10 for Resources Team Members (Except ringtones related to Xiaomi Phones).
• To avoid copyright infridgement related issues, you are allowed to post the ringtones below 30 seconds only.
• Do not post whole song as ringtone.
• Post the threads in correct subsections. If you think you have posted it in wrong section, then inform any Ringtone section moderators for the matter.
• If you see posts from others where you can help out, please do it.
• Always make a preview for ringtone. Do not post external download links in thread. Linking to file hosting servers or attachments will be considered as spam and deleted immediately with warning or ban to the author.
• Also attach zip files of the ringtones.
• Best software for editing ringtones is Audacity & for removing metadata in once is MusicBrainz Picard.
5. Ringtone Length
• You are allowed to post only ringtones which are less than 30 seconds in time length.
• You can use a MP3 cutter application to shorten your ringtone time length.
6. Strictly forbidden
• Don’t use profanity, s*xually explicit language, rudeness or swearing.
• It’s not acceptable to post nude/pornographic imagery or any content of the same.
• Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is not acceptable.
• Personal attacks, racial, political and /or religious discussions will not be tolerated.
• Do not post full music track as ringtone.
• Do not spam, sell or trade.
• Advertising and income generation is highly forbidden.
• Do not bump your threads (posting simply to force a thread to the top of the thread queue) more than once in 72 hours.
• Do not use the work of others without giving credits.
For any further questions, please send a PM to any of ringtone section' s Moderators:
Disclaimer: Ringtones Sub-Forum Moderators are not responsible if you don't read the rules and don't follow the rules. If your thread or post gets deleted and if you get any warnings or ban, is all your own responsibilities. Please read the rules beforehand. Thank You!
That's all regarding rules & guidelines for Ringtones sub-forum. You can learn more about Ringtones sub-forum by referring to the threads below.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .