In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 6 Pro

[Discussion] Default Music Player

2019-03-22 21:56:00
260 4
Hi,

Can you please help on how to connect smartband music controller to Mi default music player via bluetooth?
I use to be able to do this on previous non-mi smartphones — control my music — play/pause/previous/next from my smartband watch and now I can seem to do this on my R6Pro.
If possible, can you please point me to a differnt music player where I can do the above?

I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.
2019-03-22 21:56:00
Favorites RateRate

Super Moderator

Zayyir Cornelio | from Redmi Note 5

Hey, can you provide a more detailed statement of the problem? Connect how?
2019-03-23 04:04:42

Advanced Bunny

3EN2+ Author |

Thank you sir.

I meant I'm using an android smartwatch which has music control capability via Bluetooth (Play/pause/prev/next)
I was using the same smartwatch on my previous smartphones (huawei and Samsung)and was able to control the music playback thru the phones' default music player.

on my R6Pro, I discovered that I can only use it if Im using a Mi band smartwatch.

Tried the default music players of huawei and samsung but still can't control it.

Tried VLC player but as soon as the phone screen locks, I lose Bluetooth connection...

Any thoughts?
2019-03-25 15:56:16

Super Moderator

Zayyir Cornelio | from Redmi Note 5

Oh, have you tried editing the app's settings for remote headset?
2019-03-25 16:33:25

Advanced Bunny

3EN2+ Author |

just did, still the same... when the app goes to sleep/lock screen, I ssem to lose blutooth connection or somehow I cannot control the music playback using my smart watch. been using the same app --- VLC.

Thanks.
2019-03-25 16:59:53