In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] Do you guys use a Google camera mod APK

2019-03-03 23:40:16
1156 17

Pro Bunny

YuTech Author | from app

Farisy Erhandito S
You should make a thread about it, because i think the amount of "quality" you get isnt worth the  ...

Hmmm, I may make a thread on that. Besides the AI and manual mode. What features is going to be missing?
2019-03-06 00:17:38

Admin

Torlyn |

YuTech replied at 2019-03-05 16:17:38
Hmmm, I may make a thread on that. Besides the AI and manual mode. What features is going to be mi ...

I'd say they are both significant. I'm a complete hack at photos, so I rely heavily on the help of the AI, and I tend to get decent results. Gcam might be for more confident or knowledgeable photographers. But then, we all get quite attached to our favourite tools, so...
2019-03-06 01:50:17

Pro Bunny

Tsongming | from app

I have a Mi8 the results are quite impressive if it's correctly setup.

As a longtime Pixel Port user I am fully aware on how to set the Pixel Port mod to it's optimal settings.

However, the Mi8 camera is very impressive in it's own right.  

If you want to give the Pixel Port Mod a try ensure that you use a version that is best suited for your device. For example, there is a specific version for the Mi8
2019-03-14 08:28:39
I need to get back to work now.
Because when I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.   

Grand Master Bunny

Peter666 | from app

no, I don't
2019-03-17 19:41:26
NEMESIS

Master Bunny

majzl | from app

Of course I use Gcam port.
In sufficient light or for portrait or for quick photo I use POCO F1 stock camera.
In low light or very bright light I prefer Gcam mod. Low light pictures have less noise (Night Sight / Mode). Bright light pictures have better dinamic range (HDR+ / HDR enhanced).
2019-03-21 22:21:40

Advanced Bunny

jakob2199 | from app

I'd like to, but my Mi 8 Lite doesn't support Camera2 api
2019-03-26 00:58:16
Farisy Erhandito S replied at 2019-03-05 17:12:34
You should make a thread about it, because i think the amount of "quality" you get isnt worth the  ...

What do you lose? You can have Gcam app installed besides the stock app so you lose absolutely: Nothing.

The following is for the Mi 8 -with other devices YMMV of course.
In the first MIUI 10 ROMs the stock app was absolutely inferior regarding image quality and while it has dramatically improved (delivering now fantastic landscape shots) it still struggles in lower light conditions and often also with portraits or photos of nearer objects.
In these cases GCam is between a bit up to vastly better than the stock app; in everything video GCam **s, though -  so why not have both installed?

Oh, and in any case DO TURN OFF both AI and HDR with the stock app as especially AI still mostly degrades image quality. And be sure to keep 4:3 ratio.
2019-04-08 06:06:00