In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[Other] Zobbie Raspberry Pi Zero W hexapod robot

2019-03-04 01:49:20
329 4
Hello Mi Fans,
Today I am Back With Yet Another Interesting Tech Thread. In this thread I am going to tell you about Zobbie Raspberry Pi Zero W hexapod robot

Zobbie is a Raspberry Pi Zero W  hexapod robot who has been created using an off-the-shelf robot construction kit and equipped with a Raspberry Pi for controller. Watch the demonstration video below to see Zobbie in action. If you are interested in creating your very own the ‘Tobbie’ robotic it is available to purchase price from £15-£40 depending on the website you visit.
“It took about 0.5 seconds of playing with the original to realise I was, of course going to have to see how we could improve on its abilities. It became really apparent that a Pi Zero, power, DC/DC regulator etc. weren’t going to fit inside that head… so it was going to have to go…. You have to ‘unbuild’ the kit almost all the way back to the start, this then allows for removal of the head which conveniently then just leaves the wires for the two motors exposed. I built this from parts I had at home, there are a myriad ways of doing this in terms of controllers etc but I used the following for this build:

– Raspberry Pi Zero W
– PiBorg ZeroBorg Motor Controller
– Pi**i Blinkt – for moody eyes
– DC/DC converter
– PS3 Controller for manual control
– Pi Camera Module / OpenCV for autonomous control

Source

So, what do you think about this? Simply share all your views and thoughts in the comment section below.!

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-03-04 01:49:20
Favorites1 RateRate

MH Imran | from Redmi Note 4

Wow very interesting
2019-03-04 03:37:22
interesting
2019-03-04 03:45:19

Device team

khalidsaifullah99 | from MI 8 SE