Steps to Root Xioami Redmi 6A & Install TWRP Recovery|
Download the files listed below, which are required for the root process.
Download Xioami Redmi 6A USB Driver & Install them on your computer.
Enable USB Debugging on your redmi 6A device.
Download SuperSU.Zip file & save it to your device internal storage.
Download lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip & save it to your device internal storage.
Step I – Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 6A:
It is very important to unlock a bootloader before rooting any xiaomi device. Because you can’t root your xiaomi device without unlocking the bootloader. So refer the guide given below and unlock the bootloader of your redmi 6A device.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 6A
Step II – Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6A:
After unlocking the bootloader now it’s time to install TWRP recovery on your redmi 6A device. To install TWRP recovery on your phone successfully, follow the steps given below.
1. First, download and install USB drivers on your windows computer. Without them, your device will not connect to your computer in recovery mode.
2. Now, Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 6A Device on your computer. And renamed the downloaded recovery file to the twrp.imp.
3. Now locate the downloaded recovery file. Then select it and press shift key with the right click at the same time. A menu list will appear from which, select “Open Command Window Here” as shown in the image below. A command prompt window will appear.
4. Now, Connect your Redmi 6A device to the computer using an original USB Cable.
5. Then, type the following command to check your device is connected or not.
If your device does not show up, That means the USB Drivers are not installed properly. So reinstall them properly. And if you see your device then you can go ahead.
6. After that, type following command to boot your device into fastboot mode.
fastboot reboot bootloader
You can manually boot your redmi 6A device into fastboot mode. To do so, first, the power off your device and then press and hold the power key along with volume down key for a couple of seconds.
7. Then use this command to install twrp recovery Permanently on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Now, wait till the process completes. Usually, It will take less than 10 seconds for flashing twrp recovery.
Now it’s time to boot your device into twrp recovery mode. Once your device boot into twrp recovery mode then you can flash SuperSu to get root permissions.
Step 3 – Root Redmi 6A By Installing SuperSU & LazyFlasher:
Now the next step is the root the phone by flashing SuperSU and LazyFlasher, which we placed in our device internal storage. If you don’t download it into internal storage then you can transfer it by connecting your device to computer using USB cable.
1. Boot your redmi 6A device into twrp recovery mode. To do so, first power off your redmi 6A device and then press and hold power key along with volume up key for a couple of seconds.
2. Now select the “Install” option from twrp menus.
3. Then browse the internal storage and select the “SuperSU.zip” file.
4. After that swipe to right on “Swipe to confirm flash” button. This will flash SuperSU.zip file on your redmi 6A device.
5. Then flash “LazyFlasher.zip” file in the same way. if you don’t flash the LazyFlasher file then your phone will not boot up and stuck at mi logo.
6. Now just reboot your device and it will get rooted successfully.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .