In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MWC

[Mi Explorer Travel Journal] Launch Event - Billy

2019-02-25 07:53:35
351 5
Wow, where do I start? Xiaomi gifted each of the Mi Explorers brand new Global Mi 9 and a red Mi Explorer jumper and we were all over the moon. The Mi 9 far exceeds my expectations.. it just so beautiful in your hand. The camera is brilliant and there are a lot of modes to choose from- all the following pictures are unedited so you can get an idea of the quality straight out of the camera.

This is one of the first pictures I took, and I was blown away by the sharpness and lack of grain for a picture at night.. it was seriously dark out there! I normally would expect a lot of grain for a picture like this, but I'm pretty impressed.

First 48 Megapixel shot, very dark outside

The next morning, we had a fairly early start from the hotel and everyone was a little tired from staying up late the night before, but after some fresh coffee and fruit at breakfast, we were all charged up and ready for the adventure. We loaded onto the bus and made our way to the event in Barcelona, only 20 minutes away.

Hanging out the window of our hotel.. almost dropped the Mi 9

We arrived at the Xiaomi New Product Launch not entirely sure what to expect, but the area outside the venue was buzzing and there were a lot of people waiting as we arrived, taking pictures and wanting interviews with the 20 Mi Explorer in our red jumpers.

As the crowd grew, then doors opened and we were ushed in ahead of the crowd to the massive room where the event would be held, easily room for several thousand people - it was seriously impressive. The room quickly filled up and it was standing room only. Everyone was genuinely excited to see what Xiaomi had to offer.

Truly an amazing sight, the event was packed

Xiaomi released the Mi Mix 3 5G to a lot of fanfare and made the first public 5G video call live on stage - it was pretty impressive. Next came the announcement for the Mi 9 which all of the Mi Explorers had been itching to use in their pockets and to post pictures with since the night before. Xiaomi also released the Mi (Yeelight) Bulb in Europe at an amazing price point! (wahoo!)

Products and prices

This was an extremely exciting event to be a part of and to be able to share with you guys. If you have any questions, please leave them below :)

2019-02-25 07:53:35
Favorites2 RateRate

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

What else has been on the Mi stand, did they have the flex or mi9 transparent edition?
2019-02-25 18:40:27
no mi without you

Pro Bunny

tomachas | from app

Xiaomj is killing it with  Mi9  prices. Nice one.
2019-02-25 18:50:00

Advanced Bunny

BillyMay Author | from app

tomachas
Xiaomj is killing it with  Mi9  prices. Nice one.

it's pretty incredible phone even if it was £1100, I'm happier with it that my iPhone XS Max, and I'm a lifelong IOS user - camera, screen and form factor is better.. nice in the hand if that makes sense.
2019-02-25 19:00:06

Advanced Bunny

spud77
What else has been on the Mi stand, did they have the flex or mi9 transparent edition?

The Mi 9 SE is gorgeous, they had the new Mi Scooter Pro, Mi Mix 3 5G, Mi Mix  3 Palace Museum Edition - more photos coming tomorrow
2019-02-25 19:19:10

Advanced Bunny

spud77

p.s. no flex
2019-02-25 19:23:49