In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MWC

[Announcements] More about Mi 9’s features! Why High Resolution Matters?

2019-02-19 08:53:01
2151 10
Dear Mi Fans,

Mi 9's launch is around the corner and today we bring you more news about our Mi 9.

We already know that Mi 9 will have a 48-megapixel camera. This high resolution is really amazing and I'm sure every Mi Fan is looking forward to it.

Now let me ask you something that I have also asked myself: why high resolution matters?

First, we must be clear and say that the main advantage of having more megapixels is a greater detail representation. More megapixels mean more image data into the processor, which translates into larger files and therefore, more versatility.

High-pixel mobile phones have certain advantages in detail recording capabilities. For example, you can zoom the image and crop it very easily, choosing the part of the picture you want. This part of the picture will still be very clear after being enlarged. Having more pixels means not only better resolution, but also more room for in-machine post-processing, whether it's pixel compression or multi-frame compositing.

In addition to the camera, our CEO, Lei Jun, revealed more exciting news about our latest flagship.

Seamless-curved design
Mi 9 is all about curves. There is no flat surface to be found on the curved back, and all the curves fit perfectly into your hand.

Smart Antenna
It provides good signal reception and reduces the antenna clearance area.

Mi 9 also supports HPUE and 4x4 MIMO, so that it can increase uplink and downlink speed by 50% under extreme conditions.

Multi-functional NFC
Mi 9 uses SN100T chip for faster access.

Dual-frequency GPS
Mi 9 is the world's first dual-frequency GPS phone, which can effectively suppress the interference caused by GPS signal reflection in cities through L1+ independent L5 antenna. Mi 9 will have high accuracy navigation.

IR Blaster
It is a very convenient remote control for your appliances.

Dynamic Wallpaper
It is amazing that the lock screen changes the wallpaper as time goes by.

Always-on colour display
We can customisable AOD patterns on the display.

Dark Mode
Mi 9 has an AMOLED display and dark mode. This means that it reduces display power usage by 83% under full brightness and decreases display power usage by 50% under half brightness.

Google Assistant Button
Dedicated Google Assistant button. You can press or hold to use the Google Assistant.

Do you like what you see?

Don’t forget to follow Mi 9’s launch on February 24th!

2019-02-19 08:53:01
Favorites9 RateRate

GunplaMad | from app

Oh you have got me very excited now Alessandro. This flow of info is just great. Roll on 24th...
2019-02-19 13:01:19

Pro Bunny

tomachas | from app

"Always-on colour display" is very interesting. First time I hear such feature.
2019-02-19 15:49:05

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

This is fast becoming the most exciting phone of all time, xiaomi has crammed so many new features in this device my head is spinning
2019-02-19 16:59:07
no mi without you

Pro Bunny

Kenny_P | from app

spud77
This is fast becoming the most exciting phone of all time, xiaomi has crammed so many new features i ...

and ...and ... ir blaster, I think this might be cut from the pro version just space etc but to include that again is freaking awesome. you don't know you need it until you want one remote to rule them all, could you not fit a flux capacitor in, it's about all it's missing lol amazing amazing amazing
2019-02-19 17:05:18

Pro Bunny

Kenny_P | from app

Dude seriously I'm dying here, actually sent an email out to a work group today, half the staff with a collection of the videos and specs you guys have posted up, ha needless to say I was inundated with questions and people asking the price. people are for the first time genuinely considering ditching their Samsung's and iPhones for this
2019-02-19 17:12:48

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

I'll be getting that phone.
2019-02-19 22:41:27

Advanced Bunny

Drakter | from app

will mi 8 pro get this customizable AOD?
2019-02-20 08:08:35
this is so exciting :)
2019-02-20 09:29:30

Rookie Bunny

afthonm | from app

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
2019-02-20 22:07:44
From the description itself , it sounds expensive.
2019-02-21 09:43:41