In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Xiaomi

[Other] [OFFICIAL] Xiaomi UK After Sales Explained!

2019-02-11 08:44:12
4439 27

XIAOMI UK AFTER SALES - EXPLAINED

Dear Mi Fans,

I thought that a guide on Xiaomi UK After Sales services could be useful to anyone who is in need of customer support or to those who would like to find out more about our After Sales Process.

Last Update: 11/02/2019

IMPORTANT NOTES
Please, bear in mind that the purpose of this thread is to inform customers of Xiaomi UK’s After Sales service options. This is not a customer service website and this thread will not work as a customer service chat. For more information on warranty and returns please refer to https://www.mi.com/uk/service/warranty

How to obtain warranty service? In accordance with applicable law, Xiaomi may require the customer to furnish proof of purchase details and warranty card with the IMEI of the Product. It is your responsibility to backup any data, software, or other materials you may have stored or preserved on the product. It is likely that such data, software, or other materials will be lost or reformatted during service, and Xiaomi will not be responsible for any such damage or loss.

Xiaomi Global Customer Contact Center (Xiaomi CC) handles a wide range of queries including product information, pre-sale inquiries, mi.com orders information, delivery process inquiries, and certain after sales processes. Xiaomi Global Customer Contact Center operates in different ways: voice hotline, online chat and email services for the UK market in English. Xiaomi Global Customer Contact Center is open from Monday to Saturday 9 am to 6 pm.

Find out more on mi.com/uk.

Now let’s start! Xiaomi After Sales works in two different ways that we will call Process 1 and Process 2.

Process 1
(Mi.com and H3G)

When do I need to follow process 1?

You should follow these instructions anytime you would like to raise a warranty repair service request for products purchased from Mi.com and H3G.

Please note, Mi.com should not be confused with Mi Store.

The mechanism
  • Contact Xiaomi directly at Xiaomi Customer Contact Center 0800 9160561, open from Monday to Saturday 9 am to 6 pm or through the chat support and email service.uk@xiaomi.com to raise a warranty repair service request.
  • Xiaomi Customer Center will create a service order on the system
  • Next, you need to backup data, erase all personal data with the product.
  • Then Xiaomi ASP will dispatch the jiffy bag/label to the user. Please pack the defective device and drop off in the nearest post office to deliver it to ASP. The proof of purchase shall be delivered to ASP along with the device.
  • The device will then be delivered to the Xiaomi authorized service centre
  • The Xiaomi authorized service centre will repair the device and deliver it back to the customer

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to provide photos/videos of your product issues whenever this is possible. In this way, we will be able to quickly assess your situation and support you.

Process 2
(Authorised Channels and Other Carriers)

When do I need to follow process 2?
You should follow these instructions any time you would like to raise a warranty repair service request for products purchased from an authorised channel (online or offline) or from a carrier store (online or offline).

This process is mandatory for other carrier customers;
This process is directed at authorised channels customers.

A list of authorised channels is available here: https://www.mi.com/uk/service/wheretobuy/

The mechanism
  • First, you need backup data, erase all personal data with the product.
  • Visit/contact the physical/online authorised channel where you purchased the device and raise a warranty repair service request to the store staff
  • The authorised channel staff will collect the device and deliver it to the Xiaomi authorized service centre
  • The Xiaomi authorized service centre will repair the device and deliver it back to the store
  • Visit the store and collect your repaired device

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to provide photos/videos of your product issues whenever this is possible. In this way, we will be able to quickly assess your situation and support you.

VERY IMPORTANT: There are some after sale issues which cannot be handled by Xiaomi CC due to our policy. For example, repairing an unauthorised China version product is not something that Xiaomi CC can handle. In these cases, we can only redirect customers to the original seller. Find detailed information on this below.

FAQ:

What warranty services does Xiaomi provide?
Xiaomi provides in-warranty repair service and out of warranty repair service through repair centres.

What products have access to After Sales Support (in-warranty and out of warranty)?
Mobile phones: Customers have access to warranty services in the UK on mobile phone products purchased from Xiaomi authorised sales channel in the UK and other EU Xiaomi markets. Xiaomi provides cross country warranty services.

Ecosystem products: Customers have access to warranty services in the UK on ecosystem products purchased from authorised channels in the UK, but not from the other EU Xiaomi markets.

For how long does the official warranty last?
The warranty period is 2 years from the purchased date for electronic ecosystem products such as smartphones, smart-watches etc.
The warranty period is 14 days swap/return for non-electronic lifestyle products such as backpacks, umbrellas etc.

From what stores and channels Xiaomi Products will get a guaranteed After Sales Support?
After Sales support including in-warranty and out of warranty service is guaranteed on products purchased from Xiaomi authorised sale channels.
A list of authorised channels is available here: https://www.mi.com/uk/service/wheretobuy/

What if I bought my product from Amazon, can I still access your support or should I contact Amazon?
In DOA period ( 30 days from purchased date), customers shall contact Amazon to request return or swap.

After the DOA period (30 days from purchased date), customers can contact Amazon or Xiaomi to request service.

What if I purchased a product at the Mi Store?
The Mi Store is an authorised sale channel and therefore After Sales support, including in-warranty and out of warranty service, is guaranteed on products purchased from the Mi Store. You can either visit the store and ask the staff for in-warranty return, swap and repair or contact Xiaomi CC (repair only).

Mi Store London, Westfield White City

Please note, only customers resident outside the London Metropolitan area have access to Xiaomi CC repair services. CC will check your location and evaluate the request. All the other customers are invited to contact Mi Store London.
Please contact info@mistoreuk.co or on Twitter @MiStoreLondon for more information.

What if I haven't bought my phone from authorised channels?
After Sales support is not guaranteed on products purchased from third-party channels.

Will I have access to these services even if I purchased my phone from an importer/grey market?
Mobile phones: If the customer purchased the product from Xiaomi authorised sale channel in EU, he/she can get warranty service in the UK and vice-versa. Xiaomi provides cross-country warranty service.

If the customer purchased the product from Xiaomi authorised sale channels outside the EU, the customer can’t get warranty service in the UK.

Ecosystem products: Only customers who purchased products from Xiaomi authorised sale channel in the UK can get warranty service in the UK.

I just broke my screen, is this covered by the warranty? If not, who should I contact? Are there UK authorised or official repair centres?
This case is CID ( customer induced damage), it is not covered by warranty, but the customer can have access to after-sales support through service centres. The customer will have to pay the cost for repair.

I think I had a problem installing a ROM, who should I contact?
If the phone doesn’t work properly and it is impossible to fix via factory reset, the customer can contact the original seller or Xiaomi for after-sales support.

Alternatively, you can consult our official Flashing Guide that can come in handy in case you need to factory restore your device or unlock your bootloader.

How can I check that my software is legit and my ROM is official?
Please refer to this thread or visit Xiaomi en.miui forum to check and download the latest version. http://en.miui.com/download.html

Contact information
You may obtain a service number in the following ways:

First, contacting Xiaomi Customer Contact Center through (+0044) 0800 9160561 Monday to Saturday from 09:00 am to 18:00 pm (London Time)

Second, you can also chat online to get service Monday to Saturday from 09:00 am to 18:00 pm (London Time)

Third, you can send emails to the Xiaomi service mailbox as service.uk@xiaomi.com

2019-02-11 08:44:12
Favorites29 RateRate

Süper moderatör

Torlyn | from app

Awesome, it will really help, thanks
2019-02-11 08:54:34

Pro Bunny

tomachas | from app

Very helpful thread. Should be pinned for a while at least.
2019-02-11 11:31:35

GunplaMad | from app

Great thread outlining the importance of use of warranty.
2019-02-11 14:03:10

Semi Pro Bunny

Lucky Aujla | from app

very helpful thanks
2019-02-11 16:42:10

Advanced Bunny

Drakter | from app

very helpful, thank you.
2019-02-12 00:42:18

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

Thanks I'm sure I won't need it but I know where to look if I do.
2019-02-12 08:37:48
no mi without you

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

can't find the mi mix 3 ROM support. hmmmm
2019-02-13 16:22:04
awsome mi mix 3 hmmmmmm
2019-02-13 22:58:05

Rookie Bunny

5192355758 | from app

Nice information
2019-02-17 03:45:58
Details for other country's...ex. Romania? Thank you!
2019-02-17 14:09:05