In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[Tutorial] Redmi Note 7 No GPS Error Solution

2019-02-05 22:06:30
7241 3
*Note This thread is being replicated with full consent from mitch002 of the MIUI Global Forum

Dear Redmi Note 7 Users,

I have recently received quite a lot of complains that the GPS on the Redmi Note 7 is malfunctioning, this is probably due to the software problem on MIUI. I have tried to explore it and I was able to find a quick solution to your problem.

Please follow the guide for me to walk you thru this problem until the next update to fix your problem.

I have full tested this on Waze and Grab App which both are quite GPS dependent to work properly.

Such a headache, No GPS while navigating!

Step 1 Go to Settings\Dual Apps

Step 2 Turn on Google Services

Step 3 Turn on for the app that you like to fix the No GPS Bug, in my case its Waze

Step 4 Go to Security App

Step 5 Click the Battery Icon

Step 6 Click the settings of the App Battery Saver

Step 7 Click Waze

Step 8 Click No Restriction

Step 9 Select the Dual App (in my case its Waze)

Step 10 Dont forget to turn on the GPS of your phone, and best to start it outside of the house for better satellite reception, in my case, Waze is working fine now.

Thanks for reading, hope it helps.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +5 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-02-05 22:06:30
Favorites4 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Algobot | from mobile

Thank you very much!  Its works again formation me
2019-04-29 05:46:31

Rookie Bunny

SergioMC | from mobile

It really works! Thank you. One question. Why do we have to duplicate the waze app? Only the waze dual app work good with gps but the original waze app doesn't right?
2019-05-11 11:27:29

Rookie Bunny

Mickakoi | from app

Thanks Guy,  but why we do that?
2019-05-20 10:55:57