In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] How to - Xiaomi diagnostics menu

2018-12-23 08:22:52
39528 8
A guide to MIUI 10 diagnostics and calibration settings.

This is not a comprehensive guide to all the settings and options as there are dozens of them via the diagnostics menu, have a play around with it but be warned changing some of the settings without knowing what they do may cause issues!If your device is having problems with the proximity sensor, speakers, touch screen and many other components of the Xiaomi device this may resolve the problems or at least identify the hardware fault.
To begin, enter the dial menu and dial *#*#6484#*#*

Once you have entered the code press the green dial button.

Now you will be presented with the diagnostics menu or hardware test as shown.

From here you can select individual test to conduct on the device, when one is complete it will move on to the next test item having marked it as passed or failed.To enter the settings menu from the diagnostic screen tap on the top right overflow menu button
You will now be presented with the option to choose additional tools, tap this to proceed. You are now presented with the additional tools menu where you are able to generate logs of the various components and additional testing including the settings.
From here for example if you have a problem with the proximity sensor you can select the menu to which it will show you live data from the sensor, moving your hand nearer to the top of the screen will reduce the numbers shown, when at 0 this is the closest, the sensitivity can be adjusted to suit.
2018-12-23 08:22:52
Favorites8 RateRate

GunplaMad | from app

Wow Scuba Steve.. This is a powerful thread.. This is very very useful for us nerds who understand these this!

But I love this insight into something that is useful to me if I need to self diagnose an issue.

"So I wouldn't recommend this is an user that doesn't understand a word within these setting..."
2018-12-23 18:19:10

Spam Hunter

ScubyGB Author | from app

Thanks @GunplaMad, I will list all the features and what their function is within the thread at some point
2018-12-23 18:27:30

Mi Explorers

Zethazed | from app

i think you can go and test everything about the phone by going in settings --> about phone --> clicking few times on kernel version and it will take you to a page where you can start testing everything in your phone, screen colours, touch and more...
2018-12-23 22:54:16

Spam Hunter

ScubyGB Author | from app

yes, it is the same menu
2018-12-23 22:59:58

Advanced Bunny

rfa | from app

Thanks ScubyGB just what an idiot like me needs, well in reality I  need a user manual which does not appear to be available for the mi 8 lite, which I find difficult to comprehend.
2018-12-29 01:44:44

Pro Bunny

Stevean78 | from app

Thanks for this very useful thread!
2019-02-07 17:40:49

Master Bunny

Wooky63 | from app

Fantastic guide, helpful to everyone.
2019-06-13 05:52:40

Rookie Bunny

6255064988 | from Mi A3

I don't get here when I dial this চদে.