In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Lifestyle

Pro Bunny

tomachas | from mobile

Hi,
Long story short and it's not over yet. Won't reveal retailer name for now but maybe in UPDATE later.
Device I bought last year's spring had to be sent for rapair.  It was 10 days since it was received but nobody even checked or tested in smartphone. That's when I started communicating with them on the chat elmost every day, for another 5 days.  I would say  I've spent around 6-8 hours in total trying to break an ice. Luckily my work is around PC otherwise I would not be able to do so. Tried emails but they almost don't respond to them. ( By the way trustpilot review score is "great" .) Surely you would be tempted to shop with them, wouldn't you!
For 5 days I was told they still waiting for feedback from repair centre. Every day same waiting!  Then I was told out of the sudden device is repaired and will be shipped tomorrow tracking number email following up! I thought that was happy ending, my prayers have been answered! NO. 24 hours later  I didn't received tracking number so contacted them again. Answer was : device is not shipped yet!  No feedback from repair centre. Similar pattern right ?  

Meanwhile Guo and his team  with manager started an investigation. Same manager that meant to look into whole situation 3 days ago but he didn't get back to Guo. Guo was waiting for feedback so I was too .
By now I realised that both repair centre and manager are non-responsive or worst possibly non-existant and the only person who cares is assistant under name Guo. He swore to me he was doing everything he can and pushing it to the limits to help me out. That was yestarday. Chat was over abrupt and our comunication was over while I was away from my computer. Later I received an email saying new replacment device will be sent to me next week and someone will contact me. Now I take every word coming out of his mouthm with a pinch of salt and peper.
That phone is under 2 year retailer warranty and only 8 months old.
So its over 15 days now since my phone was received. It is in Europe  and heck knows what is going on.
They don't have phone  either.
At the time there was no official channels in UK. We had no other choice but to buy Xiaomi phones from else.
While others might have had different experience I still have mine going on. It is almost comedy what I am going through but I have certain mindset in mind otherwise I could not comprehend all of it :)

UPDATE:  25 days later since device was received and  still no solid news, no phone. Lies build upoon lies. Avoid and spread the word about this retailer Geekmaxi.
#geekmaxiscam

2018-12-01 02:02:07
tomachas replied at 2018-12-01 07:02:07
Hi,
Long story short and it's not over yet. Won't reveal retailer name for now but maybe in UPDATE l ...

Sadly not an experience that is unique. Fingers crossed the situation sorts itself, but not sure there is much hope there.
2018-12-10 12:02:22
Torlyn replied at 2018-12-10 17:02:22
Sadly not an experience that is unique. Fingers crossed the situation sorts itself, but not sure t ...

I will give it a time it should get sorted eventually.  At this point passed 25 days and no solid news so I will name them. I have given them more than one opportunity to make things right but they didn't. Retailers name is Geekmaxi. #geekmaxiscam
2018-12-10 12:58:13
tomachas replied at 2018-12-10 17:58:13
I will give it a time it should get sorted eventually.  At this point passed 25 days and no solid  ...

Thanks, the grey import market is tempting to loads, but a naming and shaming scheme might make it a tad safer
2018-12-11 03:44:25
When you list authorized dealers you list Amazon.com do you not mean Amazon.co.uk and are 3rd party sellers covered..........

J..
2018-12-20 07:05:03

Master Bunny

Wooky63 | from app

Thanks, buy most of my phone's from Carphone Warehouse and Ebuyer.com.
2019-06-02 05:52:27