In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Lifestyle

[News] Advantages of buying from authorised channels? Here you go!

2018-11-27 12:20:02
1074 16

Hey, Mi Fans!

I’m sure many of you are wondering what are the advantages of buying from authorised channels if you are considering buying Xiaomi products. Well, today we want to make this clear to you.

In this thread, I’m going to tell you what are the advantages of buying Xiaomi products from our authorised channels. Let’s start!

• Warranty Service (Repair, replacement or refund of the product).
  • Availability of spare parts and components.
  • Our products are adapted to the local market (global versions for smartphones, smartwatches etc.).
  • Our operating systems come as "Global Versions", which have virus-free software. Global Versions don’t run unofficial third-party apps and are fully set up in the local language.
  • Unofficial products may not work with European frequency bands. It is highly recommended to make sure that the smartphones you buy are fully compatible to operate within the UK and Europe. All our products have an Official European Certification that guarantees their quality and safety.
  • All our smartphones are tested by national telecom companies to make sure connectivity and compatibility meet local standards.
  • Unofficial products may not be compatible with Google Services. All our products come with pre-installed Google Services.
  • Most importantly, no need to flash unofficial ROMs that can drive you crazy!

Now that everything is clear, we can only remind you that our authorised channels are:

It is time to enjoy our products in complete safety.

2018-11-27 12:20:02
Favorites6 RateRate

Intern Moderator

PROworker | from app

Thanks for the information
2018-11-27 13:35:38

Advanced Bunny

harty06 | from app

so in summery due to the gulf on price difference between China rrp and UK rrp people are still finding it cheaper by almost 50% to purchase from importers. the only thing worth noting here is the lack of proper warranty through importers but as long as we buy global editions everything else should be pretty much the same. remember the gulf in price is still huge and even bigger when you consider importers are making a solid profit on reselling xiaomi gear bought at China prices.
2018-11-27 13:43:22

Pro Bunny

Nofaddey | from app

good to have it summarised like this. Your churning out some great content !! :D
2018-11-27 15:07:08
thank you so much for this :)
2018-11-28 04:28:48
It would be a great help! Thank you
2018-11-28 04:40:38
harty06 replied at 2018-11-27 18:43:22
so in summery due to the gulf on price difference between China rrp and UK rrp people are still find ...

Yeah, though in my experience, the price difference is seriously minimized when it DOES get stopped at customs, not to mention turn up broken or missing (both of which I've experienced, imagine my face when I opened what should have been a Mix 2s only to be met with an empty box... and the best bit, I'd been stung for custom taxes too)
2018-11-28 04:58:49

Advanced Bunny

Siimot | from app

Cancelled my Aliexpress order when you did the black Friday deal on the m8 for roughly 30quid more from the shop it was worth it for the warranty and UK charger :)
2018-11-29 08:09:36
Siimot replied at 2018-11-29 13:09:36
Cancelled my Aliexpress order when you did the black Friday deal on the m8 for roughly 30quid more f ...

Glad to hear that!
2018-11-29 08:49:17
this is very informative! thank you.
2018-11-29 10:44:50

Master Bunny

scooper51 | from app

Just bought Redmi note5 from Argos virtually same price as Banggood!! Pick up next day.
2018-11-29 11:25:58