In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Community

[Feedback] How to change Nickname in the Mi Community

2018-11-26 06:33:52
1101 17
Dear Mi Fans,

Welcome to the UK Community. Hope you are all doing well!

I can see many of you still using your Mi ID number instead of a nice nickname, which is fine but doesn’t look very cool unless you are secret agents! So… Let’s change it!

This thread is a guide on how to change nickname on Mi Community and Mi Account for new users or those who don’t know how to do it. I hope you’ll find this helpful.

Any queries, feel free to leave a comment below.

Mi Community

When you sign up to the Mi Community, the system will automatically assign your Mi Account ID number as your username, however, at your first login from your computer/laptop a window will pop-up, asking you to enter a new nickname to replace that ugly number. if you skipped this process don’t worry and follow the steps below through the Mi Community App.

If you don’t have it installed already, download the Mi Community App on your phone.

• Tap on your profile
  • Tap on the pencil at the top right corner of your screen
  • Tap on your Nickname
  • Enter your new Nickname - you have only this chance!

IMPORTANT:
Once you have set your username in, it will be fixed and it won’t be possible to change it for a new one. Not even Administrator will have access to change it, so make sure to choose it wisely. Alternatively, you can create another account with your desired username but you will lose your medals and points.
Your Nickname and Name are different, you can change your Name as many times as you like.

Mi Account

By default, your Mi Account will have a number assigned which is your Mi Account ID. You can enter your Mi Account Name following these simple steps. Note that, unlike the Mi Community Nickname, you can change your Mi Account Name more than once.

• Open your phone settings
  • Scroll down and tap on Mi Account
  • Tap on Name
  • Tap on Personal Info
  • Tap on Name
  • Enter your new username and tap OK

What's your nickname?

2018-11-26 06:33:52
Favorites5 RateRate

GunplaMad | from app

very clear and clean thread Alessandro. Good work
2018-11-26 09:20:49
Since you don't have any medals, you need to award yourself one for this thread. Good stuff!
2018-11-26 13:39:11
Mi since 2013

Mi Comm team

Alessandro_ Author | from app

Ahah, those will come!
Thank you
2018-11-26 15:24:01

Intern Moderator

PROworker | from app

very informative thread
2018-11-28 21:11:59
Thank you
2018-12-17 06:36:04
Thank you.
But how to do it on a PC ?
Because right now, my Mi 6 is broken, dropped a gym weight on it, and my Mi 9 is ... in shipping, hopefully it will arrive some day.
2019-04-26 16:20:46
1728428692 replied at 2019-04-26 21:20:46
Thank you.
But how to do it on a PC ?
Because right now, my Mi 6 is broken, dropped a gym weight on  ...

Ok, go to the PC site, make sure you are logged in, click on top right (photo and nickname), the profile page loads, click EDIT (in orange), and at the top of it there will be the option to change it (the icon disappears if you have already changed it. Remember, you can only change it once, so be VERY careful)
2019-04-27 05:15:26
Thank you, but still does not work, there is no option to change it, I only get the user ID you see when I post, that cannot be changed at all.
2019-04-27 17:34:50
1728428692 replied at 2019-04-27 22:34:50
Thank you, but still does not work, there is no option to change it, I only get the user ID you see  ...

Ok, might be because the desktop forum just got redesigned. I'll try to find a new way, and tell my admin about it. In the meantime, apologies, and thanks for trying to make the effort to have a nickname, we'll get you sorted :)
2019-04-28 03:48:06
Torlyn replied at 2019-04-28 09:48:06
Ok, might be because the desktop forum just got redesigned. I'll try to find a new way, and tell m ...

Torlyn!
This method doesn't work for me neither :(
I'll show you the picture.
Please help me too!

2019-05-05 16:43:33