How is everything? Hope everything will be fine.
Today I want to show you how to enable camera2 API without root or custom recovery.
Do anything at your own risk. Don't type any wrong command. Don't follow this thread for Redmi Note 5 Ai/Pro (Pie) but you can follow this thread for pie.
• Unlocked Bootloader of your device.
• TWRP Recovery img file on your device.
• Install ADB Driver.
• Fastboot Tool.
• Manual Camera Compatibility.
Don't waste any more time, now let's start...
• First, unlock your device bootloader. If you don't know how to unlock your device bootloader then read this thread: All About Bootloader and How To Unlock Your Xiaomi Device Bootloader
• Download TWRP Custom Recovery for your device from here: Download Now
(rename your recovery any name to recovery. Don't change the file extension)
• Download FastbootTool and extract this. Download from here:
2018-11-24 08:17:07 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
• Now copy or cut recovery image and past on extracted fastboot tool folder.
• Download "Manual Camera Compatibility" app from play store and check your device camera2 api enabled or not. I hope don't need to check the root.
• Enable the developer option. For this go to Settings - About phone - MIUI Version (tap 7 times).
• Connect your device with USB Cable on your desktop/laptop and select "Transfer files" from the notification panel. Then go to Settings - Additional setting - Developer option - USB debugging (enable this).
• Now hold press shift button and right click on the extracted FastbootTool folder and select "Open command/PowerShell window here."
• Type "adb devices" on the command window and press enter. Now you can see a permission request on your mobile screen. Select "Ok".
• Again type "adb reboot bootloader" press enter your device boot into the fastboot mode.
• Now type a command "fastboot boot recovery.img" then press enter and wait some seconds.
• You can see, your device boot into the fastboot mode. Now swipe the pointer and don't do anything.
• Go to the command window and type "adb devices" and press enter. if there have any problem then install adb driver. You can check drivers from device manager. Download:
2018-11-24 08:35:38 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
• Type "adb shell" and press enter.
• Now type a command "setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1" and press enter.
• Type "exit" and press enter.
• Type the last command "adb reboot" and press enter. Now your device booted up.
• Go to "Manual Camera Compatibility" app and check camera2 api enabled or not.
Congratulations! you successfully enabled camera2 api on your device!!!
• If you want to disable camera2 api. Then type "setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 0". Follow all straps only change this command value 1 to 0.
• After enabled camera2 api on this way, you can get ota normally.
• If after update camera2 api can be disabled (not sure) then enable it again.
• After enabled camera2 api, I installed Gcam 6.1! everything working nicely.
If you have any question, please comment. Don't forget to share with your friend. Take care bye bye.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .