In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Lifestyle

[Chat] DO NOT THROW THESE THINGS AWAY!

2018-10-15 06:27:29
638 4
Hello Mi Fans!

How was your weekend! I was clearing my junk drawer over the weekend and was astonished to find that I have so many old things hidden for years! But what a waste to throw them away, they might come in handy in the future (I think I said that 4 years ago) and some just remind you of your first date...
So I've found some cool ways to declutter my house without throwing everything away! Furthermore, by reusing and recycling, you are saving the environment too! Here are some simple and pretty ideas to reuse your old stuff yet not trying too hard!

1. Corks to earpiece holder

If you have some used corks lying around, you can transform it into an earpiece holder.
Simply have to make a thin slit on one end and pierce a hole on the other end. Insert the plugin on one end and wrap the wire around, secure the ends of the earpiece into the slit.

2. LEGO figures or cable holders

Do you know that the LEGO figures can make perfect cable holders? You just have to stick a blue tag behind its back and attach it on the wall to organize your workspace!

3. CD spindle or lunchbox, keep the flies away~

Saving these sandwiches for dinner!

4. Old bicycle into a sink stand

5. Old CDs decor

DIY Mosaic tile plates to amaze your guests, you can even make a disco ball by simply sticking these little pieces on a ball. Cheap, creative Halloween party ideas!

6. Old Xiaomi phones

Now, the best thing is,  I know that in China, Xiaomi also has an interesting service whereby you can trade in your old Xiaomi device and get any NEW device at a lower cost in return, of course, terms and conditions applied. Isn't it amazing!! Instead of wasting your money to invest in another phone, why not save the money and the environment! Maybe other countries can look forward to this win-win solution too!

Are you as excited as I am?
Do you know if anywhere in the UK recycle old phones too?
Let me know if you have any other interesting ideas to reuse your old stuff!

Cheers!

2018-10-15 06:27:29
Favorites5 RateRate

Pro Bunny

yvnkstvr | from app

Great ideas! I think I'll implement the first one asap.
2018-10-15 07:51:28
Mi since 2013

Advanced Bunny

BlueFlash | from app

love number 3 surely it must only be useful for bagels or donuts. Have used number 5 to create garden spinners
2018-10-17 12:24:12

Admin

Kimbaeboo Author |

BlueFlash replied at 2018-10-18 00:24:12
love number 3 surely it must only be useful for bagels or donuts. Have used number 5 to create garde ...

Omg I havent thought of that! Maybe you can upload a picture of it!:)
2018-10-17 22:22:41

Master Bunny

Wooky63 | from app

I like the DIY Mosaic tile plate, CD's who would have thought, cool.
2019-06-02 05:59:01