In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Newswire

[] Xiaomi Gearing Up To Launch Foldable Smartphones in 2019

2018-08-01 03:15:04
7512 5

Hello Fello MIUI Lovers,
How are you today? I hope you guys are all ok.
Today i am sharing a news basically it's a rumor.
You guys already catch the news because of the title of this thread. I hope you enjoy the article not get bored because it's a little bit long
Ok Let's Start✌

HIGHLIGHTS

# Xiaomi and Oppo working on foldable phone designs

# They are working with suppliers to obtain key parts

# The smartphones are expected to arrive in 2019

Chinese smartphone makers XIAOMI and OPPO appear set to join SAMSUNG and HUAWEI in the race to bring foldable smartphones in the market. Starting the upcoming trend with its own release, HUAWEI has been reported to be working on the world's first foldable smartphone. A foldable smartphone by SAMSUNG has been a part of the rumour mill for over two years now, with the company in recent months confirming that it would be bringing the smartphone to market this year, adding it would not be a gimmick. Reports have indicated, however, that the South Korean giant is expected to launch the handset in 2019, but recent reports had suggested that it won't be called with the moniker Galaxy X. Samsung may launch the foldable handset with a Galaxy F brand name. Whatever the case be, XIAOMI and OPPO are also said to be working on their own foldable handsets for 2019.

After bezel-less design, the divisive notch, pop-up cameras and under display sensors, it seems that foldable smartphones are going to be the new industry trend. According to a new report, Chinese companies are in talks with component suppliers to develop foldable smartphones, and the latest names to join the race are XIAOMI and OPPO. HUAWEI is ahead in the race among the big Chinese names in the foldable smartphone game, and is looking to beat SAMSUNG to the punch.

SAMSUNG has been working on a folding smartphone for years, and will likely release it next year, but China’s XIAOMI and OPPO are trying their hardest to take home the title of launching the world’s first foldable smartphone. Recently, a patent application filed by XIAOMI revealed that the company is working on flexible displays and foldable smartphones, which adds more credibility to the new report.

But XIAOMI is reportedly taking a different approach when it comes to designing a foldable smartphone. While SAMSUNG's rumored Galaxy X and HUAWEI's foldable smartphone will have an in-folding design where the two displays are revealed when the hinge is opened, Xiaomi is experimenting with an out-folding design that involves smaller panels.

However, there is very little information available about OPPO's foldable smartphone, except that the company is in talks with component suppliers and is experimenting with the idea. Also, while SAMSUNG and HUAWEI have reportedly signed deals to source foldable panels from SAMSUNG Display and China’s BOE, XIAOMI and OPPO will rely on Chinese manufacturers to secure the foldable panels.

Korea-based LG is also in contention to receive orders from Chinese smartphone makers to deliver foldable panels. However, it seems that the preoccupation with winning the title for launching the world’s first foldable smartphone will also take a toll on the user experience and product quality.

As per reports, XIAOMI wants to one-up its competitors in China by launching a foldable smartphone before anyone else does, and in a bid to do so, the company is willing to make some compromises on the product quality.
However, it is not known when XIAOMI or OPPO's foldable smartphones will be announced, and neither is there any detail about their pricing. In addition to XIAOMI, OPPO, SAMSUNG and HUAWEI, APPLE is also reportedly working on a foldable iPhone which is expected to hit the market in 2020.

As of now, there is no information on the launch timeframe for the XIAOMI and OPPO's foldable phones. Also, it is unclear how the Chinese companies will choose to price the smartphones. XIAOMI and OPPO are known for launching phones with cheaper price tags compared to SAMSUNG and HUAWEI. It is possible that XIAOMI's foldable smartphone arriving in 2019 may cost a lesser than their rivals. Currently, there is no information in regards to the design as well.

As it is right now, there are no real foldable handsets in the market. To be fair, ZTE did launch the Axon M foldable smartphone late last year, but that featured two different displays with a hinge in between. However, foldable smartphones do promise to be shaping up 2019, with at least four major releases in the works.

Thank you guys for reading this big thread. So don't you have time to make a comment that how you feel about my thread?? Thank you guys again.

Related Thread:
Mi Max 3 Launched in China  https://c.mi.com/thread-1430440-1-0.html

Xiaomi Mi A2 & A2 lite launch confirmed for 24th july.  https://c.mi.com/thread-1434118-1-0.html

Xiaomi Mi Mix 3'S Bazel-less Design Seemingly Confirmed by MIUI 10  https://c.mi.com/thread-1469189-1-0.html

2018-08-01 03:15:04
Favorites RateRate
Bro add source link as soon as possible.
2018-08-01 22:37:05

Pro Bunny

Shahriar Zaman Author | from Redmi Note 5

itzmafi
Bro add source link as soon as possible.

I mixed this from maybe 3/4 website.
how much source i added??
2018-08-01 22:53:23
Shahriar Zaman replied at 2018-08-01 20:53:23
I mixed this from maybe 3/4 website.
how much source i added??

Minimum 1 source link so must be you have to add source link.
2018-08-02 00:12:59

Pro Bunny

Shahriar Zaman Author | from Redmi Note 5

itzmafi
Minimum 1 source link so must be you have to add source link.

ohh..
sorry i didn't know that. next time i will.
Thank you
2018-08-02 00:21:38

Master Bunny

Hasinur Rahman | from Mi Note 3

step into the future
2018-08-09 17:56:02
Hasinur Rahman Nur
Moderator, Mi Community Bangladesh