In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[MIUI Review] Feature Explained- Quick Ball (Everything You Need To Know)

2018-07-19 10:59:10
11523 10

Hey BDMIUIers
Today, I’ll talk about a great and useful feature of MIUI. Quick ball, which is a most excited feature in MIUI. Let’s talk about this deeply.

What exactly is Quick Ball?

Quick Ball in simple words is a tough assistant with combination of five unique shortcut (helps to do quick functions and tasks easily) that user can customize also. Quick Ball is aimed to give users quick and easy access to shortcuts and apps they use frequently.Quick ball can be placed anywhere on the screen and can also be accessed in lockscreen also.
How to turn Quick Ball Feature On ?
1.) Go to settings
2.) Scroll down and go to additional settings
3.) Go to Shortcut menu
4.) Turn that on and enjoy you Quick Ball.

FAQ : How to move that quick ball?
It's simple, just long press on it and you will be able to move.
Overview

Right after you set up the Quick Ball Feature ,you will see a translucent ball present on the side screen of your device.If you touch the ball, it will turn opaque and spread into 5 circles. Each circle stands for unique shortcuts which can be customized also.  We have back , home,recents tray,lock , screenshot options in default. It is one of the most awesome features in MIUI 8 in my opinion.
After Turning on the Quick Ball Feature you will be able to use the following options :

1.) Select shortcuts
2.) Hide automatically
3.) Preferrable Gesture (You can also choose whether you touch assistant will open on swipe or tap.)
4.) Restore defaults

Select shortcuts (customize function)

Yes you heard it right we can also customize the shortcuts. We can use any app or shortcut to be listed in the 5 shortcuts in the ball. Also we can change the layout and order of the Quick Ball shortcuts. Pretty clean and quick right.

Hide Automatically
This option is used to hide to touch assistant in the apps you don't want it show on the screen and will make quick ball invisible In that particular app. Like day quick ball won't be able to disturb when you are playing Pokemon Go and Clash Of Clans :D Useful feature for most of people. Full marks here also.

Restore Defaults
This option will let you turn the default shortcuts in one tap. This feature was useful for me when I give my phone to young cousins to play and they customize this quick ball that no one wants to see haha.

Verdict
This feature will surely help most of the people with big mi devices or even with small devices like redmi 2 prime and redmi 1s. It's one of the most Quick, smart and handy feature of MIUI  in my opinion.let me know about your Opinion. Thanks.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +10 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-07-19 10:59:10
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

NH Akash | from Redmi Note 5

Is there any new feature of quick ball in miui 10??
2018-07-19 11:22:08

Master Bunny

NishanIIUC Author | from MI 6X

NH Akash
Is there any new feature of quick ball in miui 10??

Hi there,
thanks for your query. There is no significant changes or any extra feature in MIUI 10 regarding Quick ball.
Thanks
2018-07-19 11:24:01

Advanced Bunny

Misbah Uddin Emon | from Redmi 5

useful feature, thanks for sharing
2018-07-19 11:55:00

Master Bunny

NishanIIUC Author | from MI 6X

Misbah Uddin Emon
useful feature, thanks for sharing

thanks for your feedback dear.
2018-07-19 12:21:53
Thanks for sharing this nice thread with us.
2018-08-04 01:43:46
Click the reply button to get a fast response

Rookie Bunny

1759301032 | from app

Is there a chance to increase the quick ball shortcuts from default 5? How can I add more shortcuts
2019-09-20 11:19:46
They should add a "Expand notification shade" shortcut feature to the Quickball.
Would be a life-saver on big devices.
I already use the "One-handed mode" shortcut in quickball (Since I use full-screen Nav gestures), but it stops working each time I restart the phone. (Which is bad, since I have scheduled phone Turn On-Off for every night)
2019-11-26 13:48:48

Rookie Bunny

1881925836 | from Redmi Note 4

Good but I can't use it while I am in clash of clans or youtube the ball stays on my screen but I can't tap it
2020-03-09 21:24:21

Rookie Bunny

6294675943 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

স্যার নোট ৮ প্রো যখন চার্জে দিচ্ছি তখন গরম হয়ে যাচ্ছে,
এখন কি করনীয়!!
কোনো আবডেটে কি ঠিক হবে, নাকি কোনো সমস্যা হব??
2020-03-12 18:16:15

Rookie Bunny

6338292337 | from Redmi Note 9 Pro Max

quick ball usess more ram i think. am i right?
2020-08-05 00:51:27